• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Need help identifying these peppers

I'm not sure how to upload a photo of the different peppers I planted this spring but have since lost the tags.  I want to make hot sauce but don't even know what I have.  If the image isn't showing below, can someone tell me how to upload the photo?

IMG_0705.JPG

moruga welder said:
Thank you!  I'm a hot sauce lover and excited to attempt to make my first batch ever but realize I don't even know what kind of peppers I have.  I can't figure out how to get the photo to post.  Is there a trick to this?

I'm with Hogleg.

Poblanos: 1,000-2,000 Scoville Heat Units.
Serranos: 10,000-25,000.
Habanero: 150,000-325,000
Thai: 50,000-100,000

While you COULD just blend them all together into a sauce, why not make a few different sauces with different flavor profiles and heat levels? Examples:

Orange habaneros, orange and lemon juice, agave nectar, little bit of fresh garlic and onion, couple of whole cloves.
Thai chiles, sherry vinegar, roasted garlic, dark soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, fresh ginger.
Serranos and poblanos, apple cider, cider vinegar, brown sugar, liquid smoke.

If those are indeed Orange Habs, I really envy you right now. I've just discovered I love those fresh and I'm wanting to make a carrot cake with them but just can't get enough. My plants have been under producing this year.

Could be Big Sun Habs though if more yellow in person. I can't stand those.

Thanks for the great sauce ideas and spicefreak, they are definitely orange and so hot I was wondering how to temper them but the orange and lemon juice additions are a great idea!  Might make it tolerable.  I LOVE hot things but these made my lips burn for 4 hours.  The plant is producing like crazy!  I'm getting a good dozen a day off of it.  So I'll try several different variations.  

My orange habs look a bit different but they also turned out really hot compared to orange habs ive bought at the store. Im guessing nearly twice as hot.

I love pineapple with habanero. It makes a great wing sauce if you like sweet and spicy.

Back