• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Need Help - Leaf Curl

Hey guys...I need some help identifying what's wrong with two of my plants.  One is a white devil's tongue and the other is a Ice Scream Scorpion.  They are both showing severe leaf curl on both new and old leaves.  The plants are roughly 3 weeks old and have been planted in Roots Organic soil.  They have been given water only and are getting either 16 or 18 hours of light of day (every other schedule).

Here is a picture of the White Devil's Tongue:

DSC_0239.jpg

Please help me identify what's causing this.  I don't want to lose the plant or any other for that matter.

Thanks

could be some calcium issue. Also, water them less. Shouldn't be algae in the soil like that. Might also be time of year, my sunrise scorp just did the same thing, but it's going back to normal now.

Thanks!  I gave the two sick plants a dose of calcarb last night so hopefully that will take care of any calcium issues.  I'll start extending the periods in between waterings as well.

Ugh - that looks like the beginnings of fertilizer burn. If you are using a potting mix, it could well have fertilizers already in it that are too strong for plants that young. Note they don't always tell you this on the label of the mix. I'd recommend you try to move them to a starter like peat.

geeme said:
Ugh - that looks like the beginnings of fertilizer burn. If you are using a potting mix, it could well have fertilizers already in it that are too strong for plants that young. Note they don't always tell you this on the label of the mix. I'd recommend you try to move them to a starter like peat.

That was my first thought, but I have 75 plants and all of them are planted in Roots Organic that's been cut for seedlings.  Some are smaller and some are much bigger and none of them have this problem.  Some of the smaller plants have root-balls far into the soil so they're all into the soil at this point.  

I'm going to wait until tomorrow before trying anything else.  That should give the CalCarb time to work and should rule out Calcium problems.

Thanks again

Back