• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Need help with ID of this pepper.

Due to a scrambled seed tray and a free jumbled seed pack I need help identifying this plant. It is in its second season.

The plant in question is on the left.
Trio2ndYrs.jpg

Pod shot one
DSCN0346s.jpg

Pod shot two
DSCN0345s.jpg

Lower stem and pods on the right of pic are closer to the final shape when red.
DSCN0343s.jpg

peppermanbaha said:
Maybe a scotchbonntet type

Thanks for the reply.

This plant has been stressed and there are wide variances in the shape of pods on the plant right now. Hopefully it will settle down and produce the fat globular shaped pods I picked from it last year. I'll post updated pics a few weeks down the road.

The way it's growing plus the leaves, looks kinda like my Bih. But it's a odd plant I have so IDK. ;)

I guess pods are the wrong shape for bih/bhut...Prolly some kinda hab eh?

imaguitargod said:
So is the Silver Sufer in the comics ;)

Actually, they brought back Galactus (typical Marvel Comics style) a few years ago.

Ah, so there is still hope I'll regain full abilities and surf the universe once more in search of the perfect pepper. :)

QuadShotz said:
The way it's growing plus the leaves, looks kinda like my Bih. But it's a odd plant I have so IDK. ;)

I guess pods are the wrong shape for bih/bhut...Prolly some kinda hab eh?

I really don't know at this point and your guess is probably better than mine. The ripe pods I picked from it last year were globular and not elongated at all.

QuadShotz said:
Ah, well if ya had a cross, it prolly wouldn't have shown up til this generation anyhow.

Seed came from Peppermania; this plant is in it's second year; so I don't think it's a cross since the peppers were pretty uniform in shape last year. I think the variance in shape is due to stress and plant neglect. Time will tell I hope. :)

LUCKYDOG said:
Definitly some sort of Hab -- do you have the names of what you had planted

Finally found the order list.

Habanero, Chocolate

Habanero, Red

Habanero, Yellow

Tobasco

Naga Morrich

Fatalii

Datil

Congo Brown

Manzano Amarillo

Plus many seed from the free mixed bag.

After going back to her site and pic of the Red Hab it does look like what I picked last year. The orange habs I had planted several years ago in my garden from another seed source never got anywhere as large as these reds and neither did the chocolate habs from Peppermania. I didn't realize hab pods got this LARGE.

Thanks everyone for the help. I'm calling it a Red Hab. :)

Back