• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Need ID help on fatalii.

Wondering what this could be? One out of three of my yellow fatalii's is throwing pods like this. An as far as I know I just planted yellows. Possibly red fatalii? I know it's hotter than any yellow I've tried. Sorry for the upsidedown pic. Not meaning to break ya'lls necks.

IMG_20130809_212001.jpg

IMG_20130809_211922.jpg

jim duffy at refining fire chiles mentions that his yellow fatalii have delivered the odd red pod. i have several plants that are 4 years old, not from jim, and have never had a red pod. so, i guess it depends on where you got your seeds.

The same thing happened to me last year with seeds purchased from a reputable seller.    1 of 4 yellow fataliis turned out red.     I saved the seeds from both.

I planted 3 of the red seeds,  which then produced 2 reds and one yellow plant.

The yellow seeds I saved produced 3 yellows and 1 red, which is a cross that is much hotter than either the yellows or reds.  It may have crossed with a brain strain. 

A lot of things happen after dark out in the garden!

I bought 2 yellow & 2 red fataliis from CCN this year my two yellow ones make yellow pods & 1 of the red ones does too. I'm actually glad I ended up with 3 yellows since IMO the red ones I have don't taste as good. They don't taste bad or anything but just not the same class as the yellow ones.

Pics of my red ones:

2zrYVS6h.jpg

raOWUyGh.jpg

0uR62Q8h.jpg

MisterBigglesworth said:
The same thing happened to me last year with seeds purchased from a reputable seller.    1 of 4 yellow fataliis turned out red.     I saved the seeds from both. I planted 3 of the red seeds,  which then produced 2 reds and one yellow plant.  The yellow seeds I saved produced 3 yellows and 1 red, which is a cross that is much hotter than either the yellows or reds.  It may have crossed with a brain strain.  A lot of things happen after dark out in the garden!
These were purchased from a reputable vendor also. I just know what ever they are. They are warm. Not quite bhut hot. But throws you off when you least expect it.
TXCG said:
I bought 2 yellow & 2 red fataliis from CCN this year my two yellow ones make yellow pods & 1 of the red ones does too. I'm actually glad I ended up with 3 yellows since IMO the red ones I have don't taste as good. They don't taste bad or anything but just not the same class as the yellow ones. Pics of my red ones: 
2zrYVS6h.jpg

raOWUyGh.jpg

0uR62Q8h.jpg
Your reds in the third pic look more like what are on my plant throwing reds. I was leaning towards red fatalii to begin with. Just wasn't sure and needed some more input. Seen in some old stuff there was a fatalii/red savina cross. Not sure. So from here on this is a Red Fatalii X.

I harvested seeds from some yellow fatalii pods last season. I planted two of those seeds this season. One of the plants is red and the other is yellow. I was just telling my wife this evening how bizarre it was. Apparently, it is not so bizarre...I hope you enjoy your anomaly as much as I am enjoying mine!

ms1476 said:
I harvested seeds from some yellow fatalii pods last season. I planted two of those seeds this season. One of the plants is red and the other is yellow. I was just telling my wife this evening how bizarre it was. Apparently, it is not so bizarre...I hope you enjoy your anomaly as much as I am enjoying mine!
I am, just wan't expecting the heat from a potiental fatalii! Lol

Back