• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Need ID

I have a plant that was suppose to be a Dorset Naga,  but it is producing pale yellow pods rather than the regular red ones.  It has a great taste, maybe a bit milder, but great flavor and smell.

Here is a picture and I was wondering if anyone has every heard of a yellow Dorset Naga.

Here they are side by side with my regulat Red Dorset Naga's

Looking forward to any ideas.

scotchnaga85 said:
The red don't look anything like Dorset Naga's either. Dorset Nagas have nice distinct wedge shape... it's a trait of those peppers.

Genuine Dorset Naga's
I wondered. None of my Dorset Naga's have that shape.  Plenty hot and Bhut smell, but different shape.  Must be some sort of cross.
Thanks for the picture, at least I know it is not coming out like a true Dorset, whatever it is  they mush both be a mix of something.  Got the seeds from Whatcom.

howardsnm1 said:
yellow bhut? what was the flavor?
It was fruity for a bit and the heat took a while to kick in.  Heat was lower than my red Dorsets,   Nice flavor, but milder.  I think I will wait a bit longer and see if they turn orange or just get more yellow.  Plant is loaded, so either way I will get something good out of it.  Just which I realy knew what the heck it was.

Thanks for the feedback

Looking more like a fatalii then a bhut.

Maybe that red is a fatalii red and the yellow is seed from a pod that's genetics has returned back to its more natural yellow.

My devils rib peppers also look a little like those reds.

Back