• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Need Some Advice For My Indoor Grow

Hey! It's been a while since my last post mostly because I haven't had any problems. Now however I need a little advice. I'll start by giving a little timeline. The plants that i'm worried about were started around July 14th. My plan was to grow them through the summer and then take them inside and have massive plants by spring. They grew well through the summer pretty much reaching their max size in the 4" square pots I put them in. Around mid October it got too cold in my area for my plants to stay outside, so I brought them in and put them under my brand new 600w Apollo Horticulture metal halide/hps (no grow tent, just hung from the ceiling of my basement with a simple reflector). This being the first time I have grown/overwintered plants, I didn't even spray the plants upon bringing them inside, nor did I give them time in a dim to rest. I did however keep the HPS at around 50% which I think helped prevent shock/burn. At first the plants were fine growing, albeit more slowly than outside, under the 600w HPS. After about two or three weeks however I began to see problems, namely aphids. At this point I switched to the MH at 100% power. I waited for a while to see if the aphids would leave me alone (spoiler, they didn't), and after about a week I sprayed them with Neem Oil. I did this twice and it didn't do anything so I tried dishsoap about five times with no luck, and finally (now i'm in late November) I dusted them with garden dust, which is copper sulphate I believe. This seemed to hold them off for a while. About two weeks passed and the garden dust wore off and the aphids came back, so finally I caved and went to my local garden center. I talked to a guy who recommended a houseplant spray with pyrethrins  and that seems to have done the trick. So now here I am with some damaged plants and a few sneaky aphids. I'm planning on building a grow tent, and before I move the plants I want to solve the problem once and for all. Could I mix up a few gallons of neem oil solution and dip the plant's foliage and roots? Should I just spray them really well with the pyrethrins? Also what can I do to avoid this next time?

http://imgur.com/a/Kii7w Here's a link to an imgur album with some pictures of some the plants, so you can tell me if I've harmed them in any other way. Any advice is appreciated, and thanks in advance as always!

Back