• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Need Some Advice On Alfalfa tea

I made some "alfalfa tea" today out of some well spoiled alfalfa sprouts. I put three or four cups of alfalfa sprouts and 2 cups of sugar beet molassas in a blender and blended until it liquified. I then added the mix to a gallon of water, shook well and left it outside to ferment. I have heard that alfalfa is a great source of micronutrients. However, I'm not sure if this "tea" is safe to use for watering my plants. Has anyone tried using spoiled alfalfa sprouts as a fertilizer?

The alfalfa plant is a good source of minerals because it's extremely deep rooted, pulling up minerals from the depths.

~Dig
Since I used sprouts, I won't benefit from the deep rooted nature of the adult plant. Alfalfa sprouts are often described as a "superfood" because they are high in antioxidants and nutrients. I wonder if this will be good for plants.

I make fermented extract of alfalfa works good for plants of all kinds. would not use any thing spoiled for tea or fermented extract = WRONG kind of Bactria you need to use good stuff for your plants if you won't eat it don't expect your plants to like it. Made with good alfalfa works Great. I make all kinds of extracts for my plants. Papaya,Pineapple,Sea weed,Banana if you like to make it your self just ask for help

I make fermented extract of alfalfa works good for plants of all kinds. would not use any thing spoiled for tea or fermented extract = WRONG kind of Bactria you need to use good stuff for your plants if you won't eat it don't expect your plants to like it. Made with good alfalfa works Great. I make all kinds of extracts for my plants. Papaya,Pineapple,Sea weed,Banana if you like to make it your self just ask for help
I guess my brew is a no go. I'm curious as to why the bacteria in spoiled or more accurately decomposing alfalfa wouldn't be beneficial. At the very least I would think they would help to further break down the soil.

Back