• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Need some help with a mix up

I started several varieties of super hot seeds during the late winter months but now that they are producing peppers it appears I mis labeled several of my seedlings. Some are easier to identify than others, but many resemble each other so closely that I am having a hard time figuring out which is which. The below photos I had labeled as Carolina Reapers, but I am pretty sure they ate not. I am thinking maybe Moruga Scorpion, but others I planted that they resemble and could be are Trinidad Scorpion Burch T, 7 Pot Barrackpore, and 7 Pot Red Giant. They are VRRY hot, but after 1,000,000 SHU it's really impossible to distinguish. The plant itself is HUGE at over 5ft tall and about the same in circumference. Any help is appreciated.
8b9253126982fa995e0e9448ceced75d.jpg
1ca2d9ac48ecb7762583af6446233d42.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

spicefreak said:
They look more like the small Scotch Bonnets my local supermarket stocks. Too smooth for most supers.
Most are actually pretty large and they are way too hot for a habenero. The plant is being grown indoors in a hydro bucket. Now that you mention it they do look like scotch bonnet and I did plant some, but I didn't think this plant was part of that batch of seedlings. I suppose it could be a seed mislable as well. Thanks for your input and suggestions.

Actually, as beerbreath says, they might be Red Savina if they have heat in excess of a standard Hab. They don't really come to a point like most Savinas but not every Savina does so it could just be a slightly off pheno.

I think you were correct the first time. I did plant some red scotch bonnet with this group so that's probably what they are. I started the seedlings in a 50 spot seedling tray but instead of labeling the tray itself, I wrote on a piece of paper each seedlings location and type. Problem is I must have flipped the tray at some point so now I'm pretty sure almost all are mislabled now that they are big. (A real homer Simpson moment... DOH!). Some are easy to identify like the Chocolate Bhutlah and Peter Peppers, and a few others, but many of the other 10 or so varieties I have growing look so similar that I don't think I will ever be sure which is which. Oh well I will have LOTS of different superhots just have to guess on as many as I can. And next year will be SURE to label the plants themselves!

Back