• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Need song suggestions

Yes, this is about growing but if a mod wants to move it, I'm powerless.

Studies show plants respond to music but no one seems to have deciphered exactly which songs they like the best. I have three to add to a DVD but am looking for more. The ones I have so far, since I only have tomatoes and lettuce in the greenhouse:

A great Beatles hit: Lettuce Be.
One from Fleetwood Mac that everyone should know: Grow Your Own Way.
One that will be on a different DVD, to be used on bad days/nights: Riding the Storm Out.

I was thinking about Lady from Kenny Rogers, you reckon that will arouse the plants to pollinate and create babies?

I'm open to all suggestions.

Mike

How about "Bleeding Me" - Metallica

I'm sowing the seeds
I'm sowing the seeds I've taken
I'm sowing the seeds I take for granted
This thorn in my side
This thorn in my side is from the tree
This thorn in my side is from the tree I've planted
It tears me and I bleed, yeah... and I bleed, yeah yeah

Also a great song for human listening as well :lol:

I like to play anything with "fire" or "heat" in the lyrics;)

Here's one interesting expirement I read about
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-discover.html (Old link, no longer working)
"Researchers exposed rice plants to noise while they monitored levels of gene activity.
Using 14 pieces of classical music, they were astonished to discover the noise triggered a response in two genes, rbcS and Ald.
Some frequencies made the genes more active, while others made them subdued."

Hmm, play some Salsa music?

www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-bmulticolor3.gif
www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-apple3.gif
www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-tomato.gif
www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-bgreenlight.gif

Quad,

What??? Wouldn't that discourage the plants from producing fruit? Oh, no - once we produce our kids are headed to a grinder. I prefer keeping them ignorant about their future!!!

Mike

macmanmatty said:
Play tom t halls homegrown album plants love bluegrass!!

Mine seem to like green grass also - a bunch of blades of grass have sprouted in the pots. I guess that's a good sign meaning the dirt is fertile!

Mike

Back