• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Need to purchase fresh pods - Habanero heat level

Hello,

Not sure if I am in the right section for this....

I have a need to purchase some fresh hot peppers for an event on August 9th.  I don't need many more than a dozen.  Not sure how they are sold.  I am looking to purchase peppers that are in the hotness level of a habanero.  I can go higher or lower if a real tasty one is outside of the habanero range.

Any suggestions as to what peppers to buy and from where?

I am growing a bunch of habaneros and fatalii's but they haven't ripened yet so I cannot use my own...

Thanks in advance!

Because you are looking for something not very uncommon like habs, you may find that a better stocked grocery store or farmer's market has some.   It might depend how picky you are, the local stores around me have nothing hotter than orange habs but if I travel a dozen miles to Trader Joe's   Jungle Jim's (exotic, huge supermarket) there are more options.

Dave2000 said:
Because you are looking for something not very uncommon like habs, you may find that a better stocked grocery store or farmer's market has some.   It might depend how picky you are, the local stores around me have nothing hotter than orange habs but if I travel a dozen miles to Trader Joe's (exotic, huge supermarket) there are more options.
what kinds of peppers have you found at trader joes that are like the heat level of a hab or hotter ?

Back