misc need yall's opinion.

yesterday i got a call form a restraunt owner and yes belive it or not he wants me to make for him a bubba's chili for hamburgurs and hotdogs now and in the winter will be making bubba's chili by the bowl. he told me he would put up some of my "spice mixes" to sell.....again i have no packaging...at one time i was packaging the spice mix in a mason jar and putting some chili pepper fabric squares on the top and printing lables for the jar on my computer....i had a really really weird idea last night.....packaging the spices and vaccume sealing it and then put that and the recipe and all inside of a crown royal bag(kind make it rednecky...bubba's chili.....redneck put chili spices in a purple crown royal bag..huh???? good bad.....??????? im excited and confussed...i want it to look good and profestional in one way and in the other the goofey may make it unique???????????????????? ahhhhhhhhhhhh we need a hair pulling out smileyyyyyyy

bubbaschili said:
yesterday i got a call form a restraunt owner and yes belive it or not he wants me to make for him a bubba's chili for hamburgurs and hotdogs now and in the winter will be making bubba's chili by the bowl. he told me he would put up some of my "spice mixes" to sell.....again i have no packaging...at one time i was packaging the spice mix in a mason jar and putting some chili pepper fabric squares on the top and printing lables for the jar on my computer....i had a really really weird idea last night.....packaging the spices and vaccume sealing it and then put that and the recipe and all inside of a crown royal bag(kind make it rednecky...bubba's chili.....redneck put chili spices in a purple crown royal bag..huh???? good bad.....??????? im excited and confussed...i want it to look good and profestional in one way and in the other the goofey may make it unique???????????????????? ahhhhhhhhhhhh we need a hair pulling out smileyyyyyyy

Wouldn't a burlap sack make it more rednecky???

YOU HAVE CROWN ROYAL BAGS???? I NEED ONE FOR MY SCRABBLE GAME, SEND ME ONE... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!

T

well i just got back from the guys restraunt and he and his whole staff tasted the hot dog chili i made and they all loved it..i got to see several people eating burgers and hot dogs with it and telling me they loved it....man its like a dream come true...makes me wanna cry. i still with i knew a good way to package this im gonna have to go crazy one day and just do it.....mabey with yalls expertese it will work.

bubbaschili said:
well i just got back from the guys restraunt and he and his whole staff tasted the hot dog chili i made and they all loved it..i got to see several people eating burgers and hot dogs with it and telling me they loved it....man its like a dream come true...makes me wanna cry. i still with i knew a good way to package this im gonna have to go crazy one day and just do it.....mabey with yalls expertese it will work.

You register a business name with the city, then you use this guy's kitchen. Hot fill some jars, boil them in hot water to seal them, slap a label on, and you're in business, me friend. He can sell them out of his restaurant.

And when he says, "but if I sell the chili, they won't come back for it", tell him, "of course they will, they came here for hotdogs before you had the chili, didn't they?" People are inherently lazy when it comes to cooking. S'why junk food exists. :twisted:

T

Tina Brooks][quote=bubbaschili said:

You register a business name with the city, then you use this guy's kitchen. Hot fill some jars, boil them in hot water to seal them, slap a label on, and you're in business, me friend. He can sell them out of his restaurant.

And when he says, "but if I sell the chili, they won't come back for it", tell him, "of course they will, they came here for hotdogs before you had the chili, didn't they?" People are inherently lazy when it comes to cooking. S'why junk food exists. :)

T[/quote]

Tina took the words right out of my mouth! (no pun intended) :twisted: Best wishes bubba!! Take advantage of the opportunity while you have it...Just Do Not give them your recipe!!!

Cap'n

today the manager of the restraunt that is using my chili for hot dogs and hamburgers is introducing today the "bubba's chili burger" i guess i know what im gonna have for lunch. :shock:

bubbaschili said:
today the manager of the restraunt that is using my chili for hot dogs and hamburgers is introducing today the "bubba's chili burger" i guess i know what im gonna have for lunch. :shock:

I can't wait for your chili to get here. I'll have one too!

T

bubbaschili said:

that is awsome bubba. :lol: Very happy for you

well im happy to say that i got all excited over nothing..he tried it a week and has not called me back.from what i can tell he had 20 or 30 great comments and 2 or 3 bad (to hot to spicey) so he will probably go with a gallon can of "acme" chili.......oh well a guy can dream. just not long.

Don't give up so easy. Tell him you can make it however he wants, and private-label it, so he can sell it as his chili, but you get paid. He may go for that rather than selling someone else's chili.

bubbaschili said:
well im happy to say that i got all excited over nothing..he tried it a week and has not called me back.from what i can tell he had 20 or 30 great comments and 2 or 3 bad (to hot to spicey) so he will probably go with a gallon can of "acme" chili.......oh well a guy can dream. just not long.

HP is right. Don't let the fact that this guy hasn't called you back yet put you off.

Just because HE doesn't want to jump on it. Doesn't mean some other kitchen doesn't either. Start going around introducing your sauce to different restaurants... (Oh... my printer is temporarily on the fritz, so if you need labels, the offer is off, for the moment.)

T

Tina Brooks][quote=bubbaschili said:

HP is right. Don't let the fact that this guy hasn't called you back yet put you off.

Just because HE doesn't want to jump on it. Doesn't mean some other kitchen doesn't either. Start going around introducing your sauce to different restaurants... (Oh... my printer is temporarily on the fritz, so if you need labels, the offer is off, for the moment.)

T[/quote]

Ditto.

Back