• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Needing help with I.D. please

It was supposed to be a habanero but it looks nothing like my other habanero plant. Google suggested ghost, can anyone confirm or deny? Please and thank you!
Screenshot_20240818_093419_Snapchat.jpg
20240815_074838.jpg

I don't think it's a ghost pepper, though I see some general bhut-like features, like the wavy leaf perimeters and the general pod shape. It does look like an interspecific hybrid, though. What I'm seeing is no annular constriction of the calyx, many flowers per node, and a pure white flower.

I'd speculate that the habanero mother outcrossed with an annuum, but this is just a guess. C. chinense (♀) × C. annuum (♂) hybrids aren't a particularly favorable pairing and often result in VLS, but it certainly could happen. Regardless, it's a really cool looking pepper and I'd be curious to see the ripe pods and hear your assessment of them.

I don't think it's a ghost pepper, though I see some general bhut-like features, like the wavy leaf perimeters and the general pod shape. It does look like an interspecific hybrid, though. What I'm seeing is no annular constriction of the calyx, many flowers per node, and a pure white flower.

I'd speculate that the habanero mother outcrossed with an annuum, but this is just a guess. C. chinense (♀) × C. annuum (♂) hybrids aren't a particularly favorable pairing and often result in VLS, but it certainly could happen. Regardless, it's a really cool looking pepper and I'd be curious to see the ripe pods and hear your assessment of them.
Thank you for that. I certainly hadn't thought about any of that. I'm still learning. I'll update when they mature and get further thoughts lol.
Ghost is the closest offhand from the look, but I agree with @CaneDog that it's not quite right. Keep us posted as they ripen!
Ty, I sure will!

Back