• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Neoprene

Where do people get neoprene inserts? I have everything for my DIY cloner except for the neoprene. My local hardware stores look at me like I am speaking french and say they have no sorts of foam sheets similar to what I am asking for. They are also unaware of what store might have them, I am guessing Home Depot but that is not very close.

thanks
-Phil

Haha Romy, I know right! I figured why wait until I grow out seeds and have to make sure they didn't cross. I will just get a mini-cloning op going now!

Dig, I can get them for ridiculously expensive from a hydro shop but I was hoping to find neoprene for cheap that I could cut my own inserts from.

Find a refrigeration contractor in your town or wholesale house they have neoprene in sheets 3/8" 1/2" 3/4" and 1' and also all sizes of pipe insulation. good luck on your hunt

In my town there is a "hose and gasket" place. It caters to industrial customers, but anyone can buy from them. They have huge sheets of neoprene in several densities and thicknesses....

Thanks guys, I will be getting the neoprene today, and thank you Guru for steering me in the right direction!

One quick question, I planned to dip the cuttings into the Rootone powder that I bought but that was when I was going to use soil in a seed tray. At what ratio should I add Rootone to the reservoir of a bubble cloner?

Thanks guys, I will be getting the neoprene today, and thank you Guru for steering me in the right direction!

One quick question, I planned to dip the cuttings into the Rootone powder that I bought but that was when I was going to use soil in a seed tray. At what ratio should I add Rootone to the reservoir of a bubble cloner?
While the root tone is helpful, it isn't a must. I would go light. No more than 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water probably, but that's simply a guess. So the answer is "not too much" lol :)

edit: what did you come up with for the humidity dome? it will make things move a long faster for you, just don't close off all air exchange or you'll get mold/fungus

I have some to-go containers at my job (catering), they have sturdy clear lids with a couple holes and the plastic is really sturdy. I just need to extend it to be higher and make some walls of some sort.

Do I want the humidity dome once they take root? I will be doing this outside most likely and I am concerned about heat buildup with the dome.

I have some to-go containers at my job (catering), they have sturdy clear lids with a couple holes and the plastic is really sturdy. I just need to extend it to be higher and make some walls of some sort.

Do I want the humidity dome once they take root? I will be doing this outside most likely and I am concerned about heat buildup with the dome.
No need for the humidity too be that high once they start taking root. But still watch your temps and amount of light in the location. You don't want it too warm. The shadier, the better. Nice breeze wouldn't be bad either! :)

Back