Never, ever give up.

Shorerider

Staff Member
eXtreme
Call me soft, but I just can't let a pepper, or any other plant for that matter, die without giving it a fighting chance. 

Here's my Rainforest for example, I had no seeds left and only one plant which was to be the source of seed stock for future generations. Unfortunately my dog had other ideas and tore it to shreds, here's what was left. 
20151103_161629.jpg

A few weeks later. 
20151116_182349.jpg

Here it is now. 
20160215_194328.jpg

It's got some catching up to do, but should at least provide a few pods for seeds.

SR.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that saves almost dead plants, thanks for the comments all.

I won't be feeding my dog peppers though, it may just only serve to build "her" tolerance for heat. She does get plenty of bones so thanks anyway O.S. :P

Hopefully there are no other incidents in the future. 

Feel free to post up any plants that any of y'all have saved from near death.

SR.

Wow, your initial picture is my new reference for the point at which I can still save a plant, thanks. There was almost nothing there, I would not have believed you could save it!

My wife used to work at a clothing store that went through several indoor plants per year because hardly any light made it in and no one took care of them. Standard procedure was to just toss them once they started dying, but she would always swoop in and take them home. Some were too far gone to save, but we always tried, and most could be brought back with just basic care and patience. We got some really nice and unique plants out of it!

Back