• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies New aquarium!

Little light leak where the canopy lid warped. Need to add a little more foam strip.
Working on assembling the plumbing.
20221008_182943.jpg

Last edited:
Still need to:

Drill the display
Paint the display
Cut plumbing slot in stand
Prime and paint stand and canopy
Weatherstrip canopy lid
Cut and install stand floor
Form
and install overflow box
Plumb the system
Cut sump lid
Leak test
Scrub rocks
Rinse sand
Create aquascape
Cycle system (takes a couple/few weeks)

The place was closed. Apparently it's Sunday over there in York county. So tomorrow plumbing, fill Tuesday now.

Got the cement this morning. Could put a few pieces together, but I need a nap. Backed the car into the driveway to finally pull out the rocks. I corrected my tire pressure instead and forgot all about the rocks until now. The dash wouldn't show me the tire pressure with the lid open, so I couldn't see the rocks anymore.

Now that I've got the sump in place I wish I'd cut the lid like this. Maybe I'll get a new piece of acrylic and make another one. That can be done any time, though - just drain the sump enough to slide it aside.
sump alt position.JPG

I found a good price and ordered a new piece. I may just fill the system with the sump shifted over like this and just do without a lid until the new one's ready.

Last edited:
I installed the overflow wall at 10:30 this evening. I suck at caulking; I hope it doesn't look too bad. Final assembly and maybe sand rinse tomorrow!

Still need to:

Drill the display
Paint the display
Cut plumbing slot in stand
Prime and paint stand and canopy
Weatherstrip canopy lid
Cut and install stand floor
Form and install overflow box
Plumb the system
Cut sump lid
Leak test

Scrub rocks