• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies New aquarium!

I eventually got tired of the extra step and just started adding Prime directly to the tank before refilling. It's always worked fine.
I take care of a couple small fish ponds and that's the way I've done it without any losses. When possible I like to introduce fish (especially big ones) to a new system 1 or 2 at a time until I know the system can handle a little more load. It makes sense what your vendor is saying because size of fish plays a big factor. So when do the fish arrive?

What food will you be feeding primarily? I found these pellets to be high quality. I bought this food to feed Blue Gill temporarily in my aquaponics system. Since these bluegills are intend for human consumption and going in aquaponics, I choose this food strictly based on the ingredients listed. It’s not cost-effective to keep feeding for my purposes but if I had Cichlids this would definitely be part of the diet. They offer a couple different sizes sinking and floating. For my other fish I like feeding New life Spectrum Line food.

9A0CE1C5-6F4A-4AE4-A1CD-6BD11465D6B5.jpeg
CAA840F3-79B4-4C59-9A96-A116C4775B46.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll be feeding ZooMed Spirulina 20 as always, plus Repashy Soilent Green once or twice a week. I like to offer slices of cucumber and lettuce leaves every now and again.

I take care of a couple small fish ponds and that's the way I've done it without any losses. When possible I like to introduce fish (especially big ones) to a new system 1 or 2 at a time until I know the system can handle a little more load. It makes sense what your vendor is saying because size of fish plays a big factor. So when do the fish arrive?

I haven't officially ordered yet. I've let him know I'm ready and how many I'd like. Probably early next week.

can we have a fish party?

Once the fish arrive we won't be able to take rip out of Eck any more - what're we going to do for fun? đŸ˜­

Last edited:
Surface motion is too fast, looks frenetic. Will fiddle with the return nozzles. The light doesn't look nearly so glaring in person; dunno how to take pictures.

LOL no idea where the music came from

Huh, it's also sped up. Half-speed is much more like it.

Last edited:
how you upload that video?
Just like I upload photos. Different button is all.

ah yes the shimmer effect. Can you crank up the blue color? Might help calm it down

Oh, I like the shimmer. Just need to calm the surface a bit so it's not so fast. That video's sped up for some reason, too - makes it look even worse.

Gotta start changing water in the morning. I'll probably do three in a row to remove as much nitrate as possible.

Back