• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil New bag soils ?

I've been cruising around just to check pricing on the next stage soil after ProMix HP. I my tours I've come to realize that more than marketing/packaging has changed. Appreciate some input on the next BEST soil medium in preparation of goingg outside at apprx end of May as we do up here. There's cow poo, sheep poo real dark misc poo but not up to speed with the best for our app. Going to separate and transfer any twins or trips in solo cups to their final soil till plant out about 5 weeks or so away. Have 95% of my 3.8 bag of promix left but feel it may be beneficial to harden off with something diff? Ideas ?

I swear by Ocean Forest. I am not a Pro Mix fan, because you HAVE to inoculate it. Happy Frog is ok too, but OF has WAY more nutes in it.

My fellow grower, I can't see where Ur located on my mobile but haven't seen either of those? I'm in TO and we have a choice of nurseries, / Rona / HD etc but will retry to scan for those. Thanks.

kellogs N' RICH, just check out this list of ingredients: Forest humus, Compost, Composted chicken manure, composted rice hulls, Worm casting, Kelp meal, bat guano, gypsum, oyster shell powder, dolomite lime.

I bought happy frog because it had .5 cubic feet more per bag. Whats the difference between the two?

Ocean forest is from land and sea, happy frog is just from land. I would stay with good old potting soil(like happy frog), promix hp is for the BEST mix you get and way higher air porosity then fox farm or most soils, it is just very easy to grow in potting mix and the extra money is worth it. I have long grown hydroponics but I still use potting mix for 90% of my plants.

I have all the kids in Promix HP and over 7/8ths of the bag left. Was more thinking about when I pot up. Keep using the Promix ?

I use pro-mix for my outdoors and have no complaintes. I tried fox farms, but for the price per cubic feet is just to expensive for me and dont think its worht the value.

but to throw a good one out there, I started using root oraganics 707 and found the value good for the buck. I pay 25 bucks for 3 cubic feet.

Fox Farm ocean mix 1.5 cubic feet is 22.00
Fox Farm Happy Farms 2.0 cubic feet is 20.00
Roots Organic 707 3.0 cubic feet 25.00
Pro-mix bail 3.8 cubmic feet compressed is 40 bucks.

So those are my prices i get them for. So you can use the pro-mix, i ahve grown good, I do add mycros here and there and jsut use fish/seaweed emulsion, epsion slat, and when have time the fox farm tomatoes/vegitable fertizlier.

Hope this helps with your decesion.

Indeed, use up my PM and add the ferts as and when required.
I'll be in surgery this aft separating the solos where all 2-3 seeds popped and will put them right back in PM. Makes sense as they are established and a little stress from the divorce should be a fast healing process (I hope) have a bunch to do so by this eve I'll be going from apprx 20 solos to possibly 60+

Back