New Content Link Direction

Flamecycle

Extreme Member
One thing I love about how this forum operates is how the search feature works. I will explain with a hypothetical. If I search the forums for "7 pot," a list populates with thread names that contain 7 pot references. If I click on the thread title, i will automatically be directed to the specific post in that thread that contains my search terms. That is convenient.

I also love the "view new content" capability because it allows me to easily view threads that I follow which have been posted in since my last visit. When you click "View new content," and adjust your filters to search for ->forums->content I have not read->Just Items I follow. This brings up a list of threads similar to if you had done a search like my 7 pot hypothetical, but what you are searching now for content that is followed by a particular user (me) and which a particular user has not yet viewed (me).

However, when you click on the thread title/links in the "view new content" area, you are not automatically directed to the specific post that meets your filter criteria. I simply think it would be nice if it did so, the same way that it does in the search feature.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to be clear and specific.

The icon on the left takes you to the first unread
The title takes you to the first post
The date on the right takes you to the newest post

Back