• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

New Friends - Part II

So now I am scared...I opened up the box from Thaichilihead only to find 5 dark brown Trinidad 7pod Douglah's with a bonus gift....100% 7pod brainstrain powder. The box actually smelled toxic :-)

take a gander:

photo-3.jpg

I ma have to hit this in a few minutes after the habalokia wears off!

-Frank

Frank,

Can you try something for me? Try one of the Douglah's now then put one in a bag in the fridge for about 2-3 weeks and try it again. Tom sent me some of the same ones you have and if you saw my review I found the fresh one hard to eat. But when I went back to de-seed the ones that sat in the fridge they smelled much sweeter and nice. I decided to try them again and wow they were delicious. Much sweeter and mellow, I ended up eating almost half of it because it tasted so good. I just keep shoving little pieces in my mouth. I think they continued to ripen and some of the starches converted to sugars and the harsh flavor really mellowed. I am going to try it again with the ones that SS is sending me but I thought I would see if you could try it also. Thanks.

Beaglestorm

Michael....its kinda funny you say that. I have done an un-intentional experiment similar to that. But, it was unconscious one. I usually will leave my peppers in little baggies in the fridge a short while. I dont know if its 2 weeks that I leave them in, but I do nonetheless. It seems, to ME, that the chocolate ones usually end up getting that "sweet" taste you're talking about. Hmmmmmmm, very interesting. Never thought twice about it, until now.

Michael....its kinda funny you say that. I have done an un-intentional experiment similar to that. But, it was unconscious one. I usually will leave my peppers in little baggies in the fridge a short while. I dont know if its 2 weeks that I leave them in, but I do nonetheless. It seems, to ME, that the chocolate ones usually end up getting that "sweet" taste you're talking about. Hmmmmmmm, very interesting. Never thought twice about it, until now.

Jacob's Chocolate 7 that I loved so much also sat in the fridge for two weeks or more before I got to try it. I will test them again next year when I grow them out. If the sweetness carries through to when you make them a powder it would go great in some chocolate or a Mexican mole or sweet coconut curry type recipe.

Back