New from San Francisco

Hi everyone.

Finally making an account here after reading thru the site for months. I've been making hot sauce as a hobby for a few years, mostly for my own enjoyment but also as gifts for friends and family who like spicy foods and sauces. In December I grew frustrated with not being able to find anything spicier than a habanero in the grocery stores near me so I started looking into growing my own superhots, which is how I stumbled upon this site.

Unfortunately I am in a small San Francisco apartment so I am limited to growing indoors or on my balcony. So after lots and lots of reading on this site and books I fell down a rabbit hole and built several DIY hydroponic systems and am now growing 2 dozen plants or so in both hydroponics and soil, all indoors under various grow lights except for three on the balcony.

At the recommendation of this site I ordered superhot seeds from https://www.whitehotpeppers.com/ and all of them so far seem to be excellent; I have had an almost 100% germination rate with them. So at this stage I'd highly recommend White Hot Peppers although my plants aren't at the fruiting stage yet so I can't say for certain that they won't all turn out to be jalapeños  :rofl:

Besides that I have some habaneros growing from a packet of seeds I bought at Ace Hardware and a couple of bell pepper seedlings from seeds I pulled out of a bell pepper I bought at the grocery store. Mostly for fun to see if they would grow. (I tried the same thing with some Rocoto/Manzano seeds from a pod I bought at Safeway but haven't had success getting them to germinate yet.)

:dance:

​Hello and welcome!!

It looks like you already have a lot going.

Remember.

Pics, or it didn't happen!

K9JrqKx.gif

Back