• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

New Grow Box COMPLETE!

so, I finished up the new grow box.. Got it stocked, ready to play ball...
392353_2358898974639_1315203609_31956322_976616782_n.jpg

nice build Cory...if you have room, I would definitely supplement the LED with some CFLs...I have two 90 watt 5 band UFO LEDs with 6 TS plants under them...I am also augmenting the light with 6 42 watt CFLs (3 6500K and 3 2700K)...this is for a 4' X 4' area...the pods that were green on them are ripening nicely and they have actually set a few new pods...as soon as these pods ripen, I will cut them back and be ready for next season...

Thanks y'all... I plan on getting the LED's out of there for more CFL, but thats what I had.... My problem is the temp inside this one.... With all the lights running, its still only 71 in there (But its cold on my garage). Pulled out my Germinating goodies and got them in the heat. Tring to figure out what my next step should be... Maybe a heat mat. Whatcha think?

Wrapped the entire inside with Panda Plastic. Light bounces everywhere in that rascal! Have 90 watters up top, and they are WICKED bright!

IMO 71 is OK...a little warmer will be good to...I see now how your set up is...CFLs up top, and LED below...how many and what wattage are the CFLs?

there are 2 90's up top, LED's in the middle, and 2 60's in the bottom. How I staged it, there is room for WAY more lights, I can do 4 more up top, and 4 more on bottom if I needed to. I was gonna start there because I dont know how they are going to react...

I like the set-up Cory, 71 degrees is a good temp for your seedlings and larger plants. If you're looking to germinate more seeds I'd recommend a small heat mat. That really helps with the seeds that normally take long to germinate. Less chance of seed rot.

Greg

yea Greg, I put my seeds that I am germinating in my laundry room.... I think I might put my Aerogarden on that setup, and just use the lighting off of it for seeds. It seems to put out good heat.

Back