• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics New Grower w/Pics and a Problem :)

Alright, lets start with my little pottery, I am (apparently lol) growing 7pod, Habs, Bhuts, Cayan, Bulgarian Carrots and Scorps. I have some Basil and Marigolds in the pottery to lure insects off my main plants too.

My problem is the Bhuts, although they are not ready yet, they have next to zero heat, they were my only store bought plants (masters australia)) as the rest are a mix of seeds stolen from actual chilis and net bought seeds which i have had great luck with.

kcaufl.jpg

Here is the supposed Bhuts. color seems strange, texture seems too smooth, heat is non existent. (should i make an in-store compaint? they were sooo cheap though, i think $4.

295ww39.jpg

7pods coming along, sooo damn tasty.

9avm9v.jpg

Chili's near my marigold and basil insect deterants (rear i beleive cayans, front fat ones are unripe Bulgarian Carrots)

vdppo1.jpg

First off -  :welcome: from Nova Scotia, Canada... And I agree with JJJessee.. I'm leaning towards some type f C. Annuum, though others will probably be able to better clarify and narrow down exactly what it is.

Typical, the plant i buy from a major chain is a fake lmao. First pepper on that plant i saw was like "WTF is that grrr", luckily my self growns and internet bought seeds are tastier and seem legit.

have been to these forums heaps to admire and perv on pics n tips but have never joined, I suppose if this dodgey fake Bhut did anything, it at least got me more active in TheHotPepper.com community, TY

Welcome.  At least you are now on a site where the experienced folks here can give you some good advice before you plunk down some money for seeds from a seller who does not specialize in peppers.  I bought quite a few seed packs my first year from some of the big names in seeds vendors.  Several of them grew peppers that were nothing like what I ordered.  Once I found this site and the vendors on it, I have always gotten exactly what I ordered.

Hang in there, the first year is the toughest, after that you have a much better idea of what you want.  Now my hardest decision is limiting myself because there are some many to choose from.

I will be interested in hearing how well the basil lures away bugs.  I knew Marigolds did, but using a basil plant is a new one to me.  Keep us posted on the success.

I think JediSushi might be right.... I just went and clipped one and a leaf for further identification, and the Sante Fe looks very similar

iw3b6h.jpg

Can't help with the leaves, mine last season were pretty rough, but from the pod, initially I'd agree on it being santa fe Grande....

A welocme from the USA

Yeah I bought a couple bhuts from big chain store also here. Did same thing no peppers and the three the it did make had very little heat. Mine did end up looking like Bhuts. weird.

I am growing a handful of those Masters chillies as well, although I started pretty late and accidentally killed a couple of them through over watering!  Finally got to try a home grown fresh yellow bhut last week, and even though it was small it was pretty hot.  I ate mine for breakfast so I can stay stuff like, "I eat shit like that for breakfast!"

Since they have so many seedlings at Masters, the label might have accidentally been put into the wrong pot by anyone along the line, including customers.

smokenmirraz said:
I am growing a handful of those Masters chillies as well, although I started pretty late and accidentally killed a couple of them through over watering!  Finally got to try a home grown fresh yellow bhut last week, and even though it was small it was pretty hot.  I ate mine for breakfast so I can stay stuff like, "I eat shit like that for breakfast!"

Since they have so many seedlings at Masters, the label might have accidentally been put into the wrong pot by anyone along the line, including customers.

I love 7pots and have tried theirs, very yummy and hot, and had a friend buy a bag of Red Habs from Coles so i instinctively de-seeded and started germination process right before a curry ;) also very good. I reckon you're spot on with the  label mixing! my first assumptions was that they may even of dropped a couple pots unloading and just threw the tags back any old way.

I don't really care what my shop bought seeds turn out as. .theyre just to practice. ... im more counting on the ones from our vendors.

Back