• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

New growing season

Hello everybody,

I started for the first time growing hot peppers last year (Jalapenos, ancho and cayenne) but i started way too late June 20th! So for my second season I decided to start growing a lot earlier!
I soaked my seeds ( 6 in each cup) overnight on january 12 and planted them on january 13, so far I have at leat 4 seedlings per cups but since i am not using lights but a window sill the seedlings are already getting leggy... I guess i'll take care of that when i'll transplant them.

Here's the list of the hot peppers i am growing this year :

cherry bomb
Thai raw
satan's kiss
fresno
Jalapeno
Grandpa's home pepper
Numex Sandia
Fuego
Holy Mole
Cayenne Long slim
Chile de arbol

Happy growing ;)

Chile de arbol was a very easy pepper for me to grow last year, but I really didn't care for the taste. It will wear your arm out with all the pods though.

GL to you

Hello everyone,

Thanks cayennemist, spicy_echo and nicksmurf111 for your comments ;)

Here's a liittle update on my 2013 growing season ;)
Everything is looking good so far, they are growing good and i did get a pretty good germination rate between 80 and 100% depending on the type of chile ;) Except for the cayenne purple 0% :(

Here are a few pictures, and i think that this week or next i'll be transplanting them in individual cups ;)

IMG_4308.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

I think i'll try to put them as close to soil when i transplant! I don't know if it's because we are lacking sunlight but though they are growing well, it was faster last june ;)

Thanks for the comment thismembername, yes i got a big window door in the basement otherwise my wife would probably kill me ;)

Back