• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New growth coming in funky

Man, it's been a challenging grow...

Here's a Trinidad Scorpion I have growing indoors in a 5 gal DWC. Due to some still unidentified reason (blaming it on not replacing nutrients for a month and a half), it stopped growing and shed all its new leaves at the time. New growth started coming in about a couple of weeks ago and this is what it looks like now... 

This is the more "normal" looking growth, but the newer, smaller leaves have a brownish edge. Similar sized leaves in other branches are getting brittle and falling off
qZwzcH4.jpg

Another new branch. Leaves are curled down, no evidence of pests. Some leaves have fallen off already. Smaller leaves show the same brownish edge as in the previous picture.
K5lctgk.jpg

Some other part of the plant showing new growth becoming brown and dying off
wU2KLex.jpg

Ideas as to what might be going on are appreciated...

Nutrients are being replaced every other week. Root ball looks healthy.
Ph is stable at around 6.
Using MasterBlend

1st thought is too much water...not enough oxygen to the roots..  But you say root ball looks healthy. If that's the case then too much/too strong fertilizer. Or too hot from lights if it's indoor.
Or it has covid-19 and our pepper plants are all screwed........

Sorry, F***ed up attempt at a joke but damn.......shit really sucks now and we all need something to laugh about

on the lighter side, I don't have to worry about going to hell because I'm living it every day.

Hawaiianero said:
1st thought is too much water...not enough oxygen to the roots..  But you say root ball looks healthy. If that's the case then too much/too strong fertilizer. Or too hot from lights if it's indoor.
Or it has covid-19 and our pepper plants are all screwed........

Sorry, F***ed up attempt at a joke but damn.......shit really sucks now and we all need something to laugh about

on the lighter side, I don't have to worry about going to hell because I'm living it every day.

Thanks! Yup, root ball is getting a steady supply of oxygen via an airstone. 

As far as fertilizer/nutrient - it's just standard dosage of MasterBlend (2.4 grams MB, 1.2 grams Magnesium Sulfate, 2.4 grams Calcium Nitrate)/gallon of water. Not trying to do anything fancy there. I can try to dilute it some, but people in here have reported success with even more concentrated dosages

Back