• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

New growth on Trinidad scorpion yellow but growing

I have new growth both on the top and bottom of this plant. The new growth from the bottom Is from some recently trimmed leaves.. All the the top growth is yellowish green and the bottom growth is nice and green like the rest of the leaves. I am running a dwc with GH Flora 3 part series at 8ml each plus 6ml of calimagic. Ph is at 5.8-6. The plant is growing nicely every day. What could be causing the yellow?

https://imgur.com/a/CfHFI2z

Here's a quote from the link and save this link for future problems.

"Iron plays an important function in the production of chlorophyll and enzymes. Deficiency causes stunted growth in chilli plants and is characterized by interveinal chlorosis, or the yellowing of leaves whilst leaf veins remain green. Affects the new growth. Chlorotic patches appear first but these can grow to cover the whole leaf. In extreme cases, leaf tissue becomes completely white. 

There is usually sufficient iron in compost or soil for your plants needs. Iron deficiency is more commonly caused by a lock out of nutrients With iron, this could be high soil ph, high temperatures or excessive phosphorus in feed. Check and adjust as necessary. 

Iron deficiency can be treated with chelated iron, commonly available in garden centres. Foliar spray at half the recommended dose. You will see the green start to flush back into leaves within a few days and, apart from any completely white patches, leaf tissue will completely recover. Be careful not to overfeed with iron as this can in turn can lock out phosphorus."

https://www.worldofchillies.com/growing_chillies/growing-tips/chilli-plant-nutrient-guide/chilliplantnutrientguide.html

Rajun Gardener said:
Here's a quote from the link and save this link for future problems.

"Iron plays an important function in the production of chlorophyll and enzymes. Deficiency causes stunted growth in chilli plants and is characterized by interveinal chlorosis, or the yellowing of leaves whilst leaf veins remain green. Affects the new growth. Chlorotic patches appear first but these can grow to cover the whole leaf. In extreme cases, leaf tissue becomes completely white. 
There is usually sufficient iron in compost or soil for your plants needs. Iron deficiency is more commonly caused by a lock out of nutrients With iron, this could be high soil ph, high temperatures or excessive phosphorus in feed. Check and adjust as necessary. 

Iron deficiency can be treated with chelated iron, commonly available in garden centres. Foliar spray at half the recommended dose. You will see the green start to flush back into leaves within a few days and, apart from any completely white patches, leaf tissue will completely recover. Be careful not to overfeed with iron as this can in turn can lock out phosphorus."

https://www.worldofchillies.com/growing_chillies/growing-tips/chilli-plant-nutrient-guide/chilliplantnutrientguide.html

Thanks... I have read about the iron deficiency but havent' really seen anyone complain about it using the GH flora series so thats why I questioned it here. I can give it a try.

Can this be added to the hydroponic water with along with nutes with the same result instead of the foliar spray for constant feeding for all new growth? or is the spray the best way to go?

Plus inst using Calimagic supposed to fix these deficiencies such as iron calcium and magnesium since it contains them all?

I can't answer that question because I.m not familiar with that mix. I use Masterblend, Calcium Nitrate and espom salt when I grow hydro and never seem to have all the problems I read about here using all those new designer nutes. 

I'm sure someone will chime in on what you're using.

Back