• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum New Jalapeño varieties

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Im going with my gut next year and its telling my to go for the Biker Billy jalapenos..I like mine hot and ive heard they have great flavor too. Around here all the markets carry mostly the Mammoth/Goliath types that are just plain flavorless duds. Ive grown them myself and every one was a disappointment for the last 3 seasons. Not just mild but flavorless too.

Mucho Nachos look good too if the reviews are accurate. I may take a chance on a plant or two depending on space i have available.
My experience with the "Goliath"-types from the local markets is the same as yours... they're pretty bland. 

I will give give my "Jalapeno M" from last year a new try next year.

They have a really nice flavor and very good heat. I was just not too happy with the yield ( about 20-25 peppers on my only plant), but maybe i started too late

Also tought about the "lemon" and" pumpkin spic"e, but i think they wont taste like a real "jalapeno".

Would also be interested in a stable "jalapeno" (no F1 Cross) that have high yields and a good taste + heat.

I got to try Zapotec jalapenos this year thanks to my friend Gary (windchicken). Became my favourite jalapeno instantly. Amazing flavour and a decent heat. A little smaller than what I'd usually get from the stores, but as I use them mainly for powders and sauces that doesn't bother me at all. I'll be growing them for sure extra season, and trying some Biker Billy as well.

Back