• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

New Jersey Habs, Byadagi, Sanaam - lazy grower

New Jersey Habs, Byadagi, Sanaam, Cherry hots - lazy grower

I've been lazy. These are managing to grow on nothing but windowsill sunlight, some water, and occasional fertilizer drops in the water.

The middle bit that didn't grow are roses - and for all I know they will sprout at some point. the thick ones are from supermarket habs seeds - and the others on the other end are from seeds in packets of dried Byadagi and (I think) Sanaam from the Indian food market.

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

Oops, almost forgot. I threw some cherry hots pepper seeds into this container. Dumb since they are so close and the roots will tangle. Any ideas on that?

IMG_1600.jpg

Doing okay?

For the ones in the large cup, you're going to have to separate tnem NOW or kill all but 1 or 2.

To kill them don't pull, just cut the base of the stem

groeatrepeat said:
For the ones in the large cup, you're going to have to separate tnem NOW or kill all but 1 or 2.

To kill them don't pull, just cut the base of the stem

Oh man I'm a murderer. :oops:

I don't understand. Cut the base of the stem? :?:

You may have better luck separating them if you add a bunch of water so the dirt doesn't hold on too tight and snap the root. Then pull GENTLY to see if you can get some of them out alive. Have a few more cups of dirt ready and stick them down a deep center hole and water them in. If they're tangled with their neighbors then you're going to have a hard time saving any extras.
Good luck.

Back