labels New Label Design

It's very clean, but also very spartan. It's also noncompliant in terms of ingredients, net weight, etc.

Not sure how this would wrap around the bottle or if you're planing a romance panel?

It's a good start - would be interested in seeing a more complete version though. :cheers:

vans label.jpg

I see your location is South Africa, so I don't known all the labeling requirements for SA.  But based on what I know of Australia labeling-
you need a net weight/volume measurement
don't need % of ingredients (not sure of this), most just require ingredients to be listed in descending order by volume
I think the burned look infringes on the lettering.  The letters need to be a different color or pull back the burned look.
I don't like the half capitals, half not capitals on all the words of the description.  Either write it like a sentence or capitalize each word...???..
Also, "Van's Hot Sauce IS...."  or "Hot SauceS are..."
probably need some kind of contact information for your business, or who packaged the sauce...

just my comments....I like the general look.  How does the label colors look with the color od the sauce?

One concern is the widescreen design.  If this is on a 5oz woozy then the print will probably be too small to read .  It looks like it's over a 4:1 ratio of length:height.  For comparison, a 5x3 inch label is 1.7:1 ratio and it uses about 80% of the available bottle space.  There is probably a font size requirement as well, so you can't make it too small to fit.  If this is going on a fat jar like a salsa jar then it may be fine.

Also, by giving percentages, your basically giving away your recipe.  If someone wanted to make 10 pounds of your sauce all they would need to do is weigh out 7.5 pounds smoked habs, 1.5 pounds vinegar, etc.

Ken

PepperDaddy said:
One concern is the widescreen design.  If this is on a 5oz woozy then the print will probably be too small to read .  It looks like it's over a 4:1 ratio of length:height.  For comparison, a 5x3 inch label is 1.7:1 ratio and it uses about 80% of the available bottle space.  There is probably a font size requirement as well, so you can't make it too small to fit.  If this is going on a fat jar like a salsa jar then it may be fine.

Also, by giving percentages, your basically giving away your recipe.  If someone wanted to make 10 pounds of your sauce all they would need to do is weigh out 7.5 pounds smoked habs, 1.5 pounds vinegar, etc.

Ken
Hi there yip you are spot on on the % im stil playing around with the content description .
I was thinking of using my chutney jars almost like wire tops 
salsalady said:
attachicon.gif
vans label.jpg

I see your location is South Africa, so I don't known all the labeling requirements for SA.  But based on what I know of Australia labeling-
you need a net weight/volume measurement
don't need % of ingredients (not sure of this), most just require ingredients to be listed in descending order by volume
I think the burned look infringes on the lettering.  The letters need to be a different color or pull back the burned look.
I don't like the half capitals, half not capitals on all the words of the description.  Either write it like a sentence or capitalize each word...???..
Also, "Van's Hot Sauce IS...."  or "Hot SauceS are..."
probably need some kind of contact information for your business, or who packaged the sauce...

just my comments....I like the general look.  How does the label colors look with the color od the sauce?
Hi there thank you for the feedback ......im planning to go to farmers market so the ingredients list are not such a big issue yet most products there have no label

Back