New Member from Glasgow

Hi All,

Not sure what to put here, but here goes!

I'm a relative newbie to the whole chilli growing business starting off with Cayennes last year in my flat. Started this year's crop with mostly super hot chillis (Moruga Scorpion, Fatali etc.) in March(?) and then trying to grow some more Cayennes which I potted more recently. I moved into a house last month and have a temporary greenhouse which is already past maxxed out for space!

Lately some of my chilli plants are coming out oddly shaped, i.e. one of my Scotch Bonnets look like fat Cayennes so it's either cross contamination or wrong seeds (or I'm talking sh*t!). Also my Orange Habanero plant has been producing tiny chillis which are ripening up way too quickly, and also have no seeds. I suspect it was because there were too many flowers and buds for the size of plant and pot so I pinched the remaining buds that hadn't flowered yet so we'll see what comes in the next month.

I generally watch ChilliChump on YouTube for tips and sometimes PepperGeek but looking forward to engaging with other folks to bounce questions off of! Hot sauce wise I'm fairly green and don't have a great knowledge of what's out there, but there's a hot sauce maker that comes to our local food market every month (Heriot Hott) and I have to say his stuff is amazing.

Looking forward to connecting with you folks.

Back