• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe New popper recipe (to me)

Hey, I know you guys have probably already tried a lot of things like this but I got a little creative and made this today and it was amazing:

Now, to make this, you should probably have at least 6 Corona or Heineken.

Jalapeno and Habanero poppers:

Take a bag of cooked shrimp and mince 1 cup into very small pieces.
1/2 cup of fresh chives minced.
5 cloves garlic.
1/4 cup minced celery.
1/4 lime juice
As much as you wish for taste(I used about 2 cups) of cream cheese.
Mix all these in a big bowl.

12 good sized Jalapenos.
5 small orange habaneros.

Just take the Jalapenos and Habbys and cut them in half.
Use a Cantalope shredder or even a spoon to remove the membrane and seeds (save seeds if you want now and place in a paper towell).

Take the shrimp/cream cheese mixture and fill each pepper half and try to leave it kind of level.

Grease a big cookie sheet ( I used a little Olive Oil Pam Spray).

Lay the stuffed peppers evenly on the baking pan.

Sprinkle shredded mix of Monterrey Jack and Mild Cheddar Cheese on them.
Cook in preheated oven at 350 for 45 minutes.

Serve with ranch dressing. (I served with a few Serranos that we tossed in the oven as well)

WOW.

I tried adding bacon (everything is better with BACON) but it didnt really add anything so I omited it.

Thanks for reading...

sounds good to me, I'd definitely try it. One question, though. Think you could use raw shrimp with this method? 350 degrees for 45 minutes should be plenty of time to cook the shrimp through, right?

I've got some friends coming in this weekend; they will have to serve as guinea pigs for this one.

Have you thought of doing this recipe with Butch T's or Moruga's? I thinkg that'd be a good thing to do a couple at least as a gag treat :)

Back