• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

New super pepper pod grower.

I have grown the habanero pepper for several years now. I am wanting to expand and also grow some super hots. Is Chinense the hottest of the pepper species? I am wanting advice of what other pepper plants I should grow. I guess I am wanting to know which of the supers are easier to grow. I have noticed that my habaneros start slower than the annuums at first but after awhile they catch up and sometimes surpass the growth of the annuums. I do have a little experience growing Chinense peppers with the habaneros.

Some of the pods that I'd like to grow are:

trinidad scorpion (both butch T and morouga)
bhut jolokia
datil / fatalli (are they the same?)
habanero (red savina)
douglah
scotch bonnet
7-pot (Jonah and barrackpore)

Any advice on other nukes to grow would be appreciated!!
very%20hot.gif

:welcome: From pa.... congrats on growing supers most of the ones you want can be found for sale in the forum section then you can try the pepper and save the seeds to see if you actually want to grow them

THANKS TYLER HAPPY GROWING

Hey all,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'd like to know some to do's and to don'ts when it comes to raising super hots. Currently I only fertilize with rabbit manure and worm castings. It does wonders on my 5 ft. tall habs. Will this same feed do well with the other chinense peppers?

Welcome!
Lots of info on this site... Check out the growing section and the GLOGS.
If your wanting to grow supers you've came to the right place

I really don't think they are difficult to grow. Just don't love them too much. What has worked on your habs should work on the chiles. The 7 pot Jonah is a really good producer.

Welcome... You may try Naga Morich instead of Bhut jolokia as it seems to be a more prolific producer.

Datil and Fatallii are not the same.

There is nothing you need do differently than with the habs.
That's good because I treat my habs the same way that I treat my annuums.

Welcome... You may try Naga Morich instead of Bhut jolokia as it seems to be a more prolific producer.

Datil and Fatallii are not the same.
What's the heat level taste of the Naga Morich? What do they look like?
On the Datil and Fatallii is the difference only the taste and heat or can you tell the difference in the pod shape and characteristics.

Back