• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant New to growing - Not sure what pepper plant these are

I while back I bought a package that contained a several dried pods of the following peppers.

Naga Morich
Bhut Jolokia
Trinidad 7 Pot
Douglah
Trinidad Morgua

I cut some of the pods open and sorted the seeds, however I was still on campus and only had access to one pot so I decided to plant a single seed from every type of pepper pod just for fun to see if anything would grow while I was there. I had planned to grow a few more "offical" plants of each when I got home but unfortunately none of them sprouted, and I was unable to germinate them seperately either.

I ended up getting two sprouts that have since grown which is awesome, but I don't know which peppers they are (didnt mark them - smart guy..) . I tried to look up some photos of the peppers but none seem to really be a vine, which is what these look like.

If you know what kind of peppers I am dealing with please let me know. This is the first time I have grown anything and I am a little in the dark here. I would also like to know when you think these might produce peppers. I planted them around early May, they didn't sprout for at least a week. I think they might be the trinidads just because the two plants look so similar but I would really like more seasoned opinions.

The two plants have grown a little tangled together.
2zf7vrp.jpg

xpw79.jpg

This is one of the stems - both plants look the same.
2cofyg0.jpg

Also, I have a several leaves similar to this one. Am I giving them too much/little water?
2cppxqg.jpg

Thanks.

Doesn't look like a pepper at all. That thing is climbing your fence and spreading out! Looks like a bird or the wind made a wild deposit in your container!

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/plants/index.html

Take it to a nursery if you can, for an ID, and take a look around the property for similar looking vines... You may be surprised.

Do you remember any of the seeds looking like hard oval black beads, or very dark hemp seeds?
(Not that this is a hemp certainly.)

:welcome: to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina - North Carolina !
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] “The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite……[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]" [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :flamethrower:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background]

I don't know about the pepper

But I spent 30 seconds playing with the mouse wheel on that second picture with the fence behind it - it's an optical illusion - as you scroll down - it looks like it's getting further away-

It is amazing how vines seem to have a mind consciousness- to KNOW what to grab onto

Back