New to growing peppers and have a quick question.

I am new to growing peppers and would like some feedback from my fellow growers. I was just wondering what i should do with a 2 plants that looks to be growing together. 

Here are a couple pics.

20150428_113029.jpg

20150428_113038.jpg

I mean it is still possible this is all one plant because I don't see any cotyledon leaves, which means this could be one that has been buried below the Y wait for some more experienced members to help you then decide what you will do

Yeah, that's kind of what i was thinking. I didn't plant it any deeper than the soil that was still attached when transplanting.

You can dig careful to see if is only one plant.
If they are 2 plants, I would split them. Could be done, with care, and gently. Or cut the right one, and try a grafting, if you like to experience.

You'd risk a lot of root damage to separate them now (IF it's really two plants).  If you have the space I'd transplant into the garden as is and give it a bit of extra room.  Going forward always cull the smaller/weaker plants prior your first pot up - when the plants are showing their first couple sets of leaves.

Having just split a 3-plant Big Jim purchased at the Big Box store, I'd vote for leaving them alone. 

Once the plants get that big, safely untangling the roots becomes impossible.  A little root loss isn't a big deal, but significant damage - all too easy to accomplish - will threaten the plant's life.

My fumbling procedure resulted in one healthy plant, one that's just 'OK' and one that has been lingering in ICU for the last week. Even if it does survive, it will be set back many weeks.

personally I like to get in there are investigate gotta see what's going on.Now on the other hand if you really don't want to risk losing this plant it's probably better to leave it alone and enjoy the plant and peppers.

Lovepeppers said:
Here's a picture of my aji cito one month ago, it had 4 cotydelons, 2 nodes with first set of leaves.
It is a mutant.

Did it grow faster than the others? My tricotyledon is by far the fastest grower, so I'm trying to figure out if that's by luck or if it means more leaves= more photosynthesis = faster growth. 

Actually it started off super slow., then it took off once it started to give it more nutrients. I used dyna grow with this plant which has every nutrient and micro needed.

Back