New to making hot sauces

:welcome:

Yes a mash is a good idea for consistency and supply.

So, should I ferment my other ingredients before combining with the fermented mash? I'm assuming that by fermenting my other ingredients, it would develop more complex flavors & won't be as sharp if I were to add other ingredients, unfermented, right? I forgot to add in my original post that the mashed peppers I found were fermented but they've added some vinegar to it; I'm assuming to slow down fermentation for shipping purposes.

Last edited:
I assume you are looking at LA Pepper Exchange? They have a lot of mashes. No that does not mean you need to ferment anything else to match it. It's simply a preservation method. It's quite common in hot sauce production.

Their mash has no vinegar, their puree does.

I assume you are looking at LA Pepper Exchange? They have a lot of mashes. No that does not mean you need to ferment anything else to match it. It's simply a preservation method. It's quite common in hot sauce production.
I was actually looking at Magic Plant Farms. I can get it at 5 gal containers. I will definitely check LA Pepper Exchange. Thanks for the tip.

Back