• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

New Trees for the Yard

Last year I added a Flavor Grenade Pluot which became our favorite stonefruit. This Year added a Flavor Punch Pluerry and the very first miniature white nectarine called an Artic Babe. And a Tango, Pixie and Owari mandarins and a Cara Cara and Moro Blood orange. I'm up to 38 different varieties of fruit trees now and adding a few more avocado varieties next month.  :)

Now I have fruit all 12 months of the year to eat for the family. 

Jubnat said:
That's gorgeous!  Looks like an awesome place to relax and wash away your negative energy
Yes its my peace of mind especially now with everything thats going on things are crazy. My son in law has 5 acres and is planting tons of vegetables so between us we can cover our families fruits and vegetables this coming year. I might plant 2 avocado trees in my front yard just to have a couple larger more productive trees and make sure one is ready for harvest in spring/summer and the other fall/winter. 

Just added a chicken coop with 3 hens to the backyard. These hens are great for pest control eating up the snails and slugs lol. 

I hate to say it but I found another tree I just could't say no to lol.

A local nursery I've purchased at-least 40 trees from ( Maples and fruit) over the past few years gave me 30% off a 4 in 1 Pluot Tree. It has Flavor Grenade, Geo Pride, Splash and Emerald Drop pluots. This will give me fruit from July - Early to mid Nov on this tree if they last that long haha. it is a 6 foot tree with a 2 inch trunk and already has fruit on it. I picked it up for only $45. This has been my best find yet since pluots are the families favorite fruit. 

Back