new uk grower, tastiest chilli?

hi there :]
i'm very new to growing peppers and i was wondering if you could reccomend a flavourful chilli to grow? i like the flavor of scotch bonnets but they are far too hot for my liking... id quite like a pretty fruity flavored one too...

thanks for any suggestions

Heh - Taste is such a subjective thing, you're going to get WAY more answers than you bargained for! ;)

My favorite for fruity flavor is the Aji Habanero. Don't let the "habanero" part scare you - it is a mild chile, of the baccatuum family (while "real" habaneros are of the chinense family.) Generally I find most pods to be uber-mild - sweet, even - but then you'll get a few that surprise you with their heat, though it's still not even anywhere close to a jalapeno. I grow several of these each year, as they are just too fun to eat while you're outside tending to the plants. But then I try to exert some self-control and not snack on them so much so I can candy some or use them otherwise in my cooking. They sell the plants at CCN - chileplants.com.

peppermania sells the aji habs, as does tradewindsfruit, as does reimerseeds but i think people are gun-shy when it comes to reimers(never know what you are going to get).

Have you ever had a fresh Fatalii? Not insanely hot, very citrus-like in flavor, and gorgeous to look at. If they are too hot, check out Aji Lemon-the perfect pepper for complimenting fresh salads.

Have you ever had a fresh Fatalii? Not insanely hot, very citrus-like in flavor, and gorgeous to look at. If they are too hot, check out Aji Lemon-the perfect pepper for complimenting fresh salads.

If he thinks scotch bonnet is too hot then fatalii will obviously be as well.

Yellow 7 pot !!! Like a hot pineapple !!

Again far to hot

If you like fruity taste but milder heat then Dedo de moca is a good one, cheiro do norte tastes quite perfumey and fruity but is akin to a mild jalapeño in heat.
Aji lemon as has already suggested. Blondie is another which is very fruity, although those flavours aren't for everyone so don't grow just 1 or 2 in case they aren't for you.

Back