New Wendy's 4-alarm Chicken Sandwich (So Spicy)

I know you have the scoop on the latest happenings in spicy food. I wanted to post a quick note since a piece of news I'm working on right now might be of interest to you spicy food fans. Since you write about spicy food, we thought you'd appreciate the inside scoop before we announce it nationally to the media...

For a limited time only Wendy's is kicking it up a notch to deliver the 4-Alarm Chicken Sandwich. Building on the popularity of its original Spicy Chicken sandwich, Wendy's understands that while some like it hot, some like it even hotter, and is proud to issue this latest challenge to spicy food fans everywhere.

Basically, the new sandwich is similar to Wendy's familiar Spicy Chicken, but the heat has been ratcheted up -- in other words, it's not for the mild of heart. The spicy chicken fillet is topped with natural Pepper Jack cheese, 4-Alarm Chipotle sauce, Jalapeno pepper slices, tomato and romaine lettuce, served on freshly baked artisan bread. (The 4-Alarm Chicken will appear on Wendy's menu this week and will cost $3.99 a la carte and $5.69 if ordered as a combo. Trust me, you'll want the beverage!)

Enjoy!

I've moved this to our advertising section.

It's nice to see a fast food joint cater to chiliheads, but I doubt it will satisfy true heat lovers. It will be interesting to see if it does satisy. Good luck.

sounds great & I'll be looking for it a wendys (assuming you're talking about wendys the fast food resturant ?)

side note
I wish KFC would bring back their old spicy chicken, I worked there YEARS AGO when this was for sale, & me being a chile lover I was one evil cook :lol:
this was there recipe - 1 packet of spice for 4 heads of chicken & maranate for 1 cycle
that was wimpy
this is what I did - 3 packets of spice for 4 heads of chicken & maranated it for 4 cycles :lol:

once it was cooked it was redish/orange & it deserved the title spicy chicken :hell: it was great tasting & really hot, it was really funny watching people take their 1st bite of it
2yx4pxc.gif

I wish I could buy that stuff now, it just had a great taste to it, the way I mixed it up.

I like the spicy chicken sandwich. Not too bad for fast food bombs...Not much heat with the original, so I'm interested in trying this 4-alarm version. Hopefully they use fresh peppers and not the pickled ones.

[quote name='Wendy's4-alarm']I know you have the scoop on the latest happenings in spicy food. I wanted to post a quick note since a piece of news I'm working on right now might be of interest to you spicy food fans. Since you write about spicy food, we thought you'd appreciate the inside scoop before we announce it nationally to the media...

For a limited time only Wendy's is kicking it up a notch to deliver the 4-Alarm Chicken Sandwich. Building on the popularity of its original Spicy Chicken sandwich, Wendy's understands that while some like it hot, some like it even hotter, and is proud to issue this latest challenge to spicy food fans everywhere.

Basically, the new sandwich is similar to Wendy's familiar Spicy Chicken, but the heat has been ratcheted up -- in other words, it's not for the mild of heart. The spicy chicken fillet is topped with natural Pepper Jack cheese, 4-Alarm Chipotle sauce, Jalapeno pepper slices, tomato and romaine lettuce, served on freshly baked artisan bread. (The 4-Alarm Chicken will appear on Wendy's menu this week and will cost $3.99 a la carte and $5.69 if ordered as a combo. Trust me, you'll want the beverage!)

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Did you test this sandwich in the Milwaukee market?

I don't think they will answer, it's an Internet mass-post campaign.

My friend works at Wendy's and I've tried the 4 alarm sandwich. It's really good imho. It actually makes my nose run a little, so it's definitely got a kick to it. Wendy's tends to cater to spicy food lovers more than other fast food. The sandwich has the spicy chicken filet, jalapenos, pepper jack, and a hot sauce that tastes like Chipotle. It's only out for a month, but I hope they bring it back permanently like they did with the spicy chicken filet sandwich years ago.

well I tried the "4 alarm chicken sandwich" today.
1st I'd like to say, yes, its a tasty sandwich which they should keep !
2nd I'd say its more like a 1.5 - 2 alarm sandwich ! thats even after adding 2 packets of their hot chilli sauce packets - which I dont understand how you get some hot taste from something that doesnt have any caspin - sp ? I know its wrong spelling but I know how to spell beer right now ;) or garlic or ?

its a good tasting sandwich dont get me wrong, but the spice/heat is not there IMO, & jalapenos are so overly use nowadays the flavor is kinda old to me. I guess its something us chileheads have to realize nowadays that we'll never have a mainstream reasturant(sp?) cater to the chileheads, maybe it also has something to do with all the people that are willing to file lawsuits over the stupidest things = reaustrants not making really HOT/SPICY food.

chilehunter said:
- which I dont understand how you get some hot taste from something that doesnt have any caspin - sp ?

Other ingredients can add a picquant flavor, such as ginger, galangal, grains of paradise, etc. I'd have to see a packet to pick them out, but they exist :lol:

The taste was just okay and there was only 4 jalapenos on my sandwich. The heat was lame. I think I paid over $5.00 for a combo meal - small soda and fries.

imaguitargod said:
That's not a surprise...finding a wolverine in your underwear drawer...now that's a surprise! :shocked:

Finding a wolverine in your underwear drawer yet still putting your underwear on - now that's a surprise.

Back