• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Newbee - Spring/Summer Night Temps too low? - Petaluma, CA

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time growing peppers. I currently have started seedlings 3 weeks ago and plan on transplanting them outdoors (end of april-early may). I have 3 varieties of Chinense (mustard habs, scotch, & Carib Reds).

My concern is that night temps will be too low during the spring/summer, leading to flower drop and no fruit produced.

Looking at monthly avgs, the lows at night never really get above 60 degrees.

http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/petaluma/california/united-states/usca0854

Does anyone come from surrounding area who has success in growing hot peppers in the area?

If so, what would be the best solutions to ensure any sort of yield.

Thanks!

Welcome to THP neighbor!!

If you are in Poo-Town, I live about 20 minutes away in Sonoma. You could put plants out now with the weather we are having just protect from heavy rains. We have an excellent climate locally for growing peppers. Also take the time to learn about hardening off plants prior to putting em outside, plenty of info here if you search.

Let me know if there are any seeds you are looking for, I have a very extensive collection.

Cheers and have a great season Tyrone

Awesome!!! Thanks for your reply and good to know that someone from the area is successful. I will definely work on hardening off my seedlings. Thanks again neighbor!

Back