• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Newbie advice about removing buds

Just need a bit of advice from you expert chilli heads.

Bought a few "fancy" chilli plugs online to supplement what I am growing from seed.
Everything looks great but the bolivian rainbow has buds and its only 2 inches tall.

Should I remove them? If so, how? just nipping them off with my fingers? I've never had to do this before so scared of killing them!

Some pictures of the plant below, thanks for looking:

At that size I would use scissors and clip them off at the base of the stem if you want to remove them. On larger plants you can remove them with your fingers.

I guess it could be a good idea to remove them, because the plant will spent a lot of energy for the fruit instead of growing.

Use a very sharp tiny scissor. But don't worry, even with your fingers you won't kill it, peppers hang at life like a koala at his eucalyptus.

peppers hang at life like a koala at his eucalyptus.
The above is the truth.

As long as they're not too wet/dry/warm/cold/lit/dark/hungry/overfed/overloved/underloved/high/low/pruned/overgrown/pollinated/unpollinated/whatever/notwhatever.

But aside from that, they're tough as nails. ;)

The above is the truth.

As long as they're not too wet/dry/warm/cold/lit/dark/hungry/overfed/overloved/underloved/high/low/pruned/overgrown/pollinated/unpollinated/whatever/notwhatever.

But aside from that, they're tough as nails. ;)

Yeah they behave like a Diva, (just like French girls ...) but it's a varnish. They can resist a year without light, water & by temp at 20F° ("Bhut Jolokia can survive anywhere"). Ok they probably don't like it, but they are tough guys.

Back