• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

newbie, first post!

Hey guys, awesome forum you have going here. This is my first year with a garden and im hooked! I have some jalapenos going along with some ancho, tabasco, sangria, thai hot and a scorpion plant. I also have 2 choc hab plants going that have me stumped. Most of my plants have some flowers and some pods but my choc habs are only like 4-5" tall and not doing much of anything...... is something wrong?

Welcome! Glad to see you have things going!
You may need to pot up your hab plant. Have you been feeding it?
How big of a pot is it in? Potting up will help the most

my plants are in a raised bed, I have been using a alaskan fish fertilizer and that is all for all my plants and everything else seems to be going just fine.

Will grab some photos in the morning, the plants LOOK fine to me, just small......

Awesome and seems you are having a good season!

Welcome to THP!                                                                      From St. Aug.!

l.jpg

Brad in Cheek said:
Hey guys, awesome forum you have going here. This is my first year with a garden and im hooked! I have some jalapenos going along with some ancho, tabasco, sangria, thai hot and a scorpion plant. I also have 2 choc hab plants going that have me stumped. Most of my plants have some flowers and some pods but my choc habs are only like 4-5" tall and not doing much of anything...... is something wrong?
Welcome! They will grow just takes forever! Like mega said I'd put them in a big pot with good growing medium. You will be surprised cause out should take right off once it gets a good root structure set. I, like others here, use 5 gallon buckets... Also do you have any clue how old it is? If its young that could be the problem too.

Like the others said, once they get a good, healthy root system going, they will take off before your very eyes. Until then, they'll just seem small evey day until, one day, BOOM!

Phil said:
Like the others said, once they get a good, healthy root system going, they will take off before your very eyes. Until then, they'll just seem small evey day until, one day, BOOM!
You can damn near watch em grow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVErFlJn_tQ&sns=em
Never mind all that ^^^ that's a bunch of BS... :rofl:

Get your grow on! :welcome: to THP!

:welcome: Welcome from Seattle Wa

Brad,  you have come to the right place for help.  Lots of experienced growers on here.  I am learning more each week, but there are some many variables.  My biggest issue was and has been "Patience"  Good luck, I am sure you will get this problem solved

thanks guys! yeah patience is hard to have! i have worn a track in my yard around my garden from checkin it out! haha

as for how old the plants are, im not real sure. i know when i bought them they were only 2-3" while the others were atleast twice the size.

oh also they were put in the ground on the 26th of may

:welcome: from the garden state. I see they are in raised beds. Is that regular dirt/earth, topsoil/compost or mels mix. (1/3 peat 1/3 verm/perl 1/3 compost) Makes a big difference in my yard.

Back