• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Newbie planning first garden next year.....tomatoes, peppers, and squash....OH MY!

Planning my first garden for next year at my house.....looking to grow tomatoes, peppers, and squash.  I am pretty set on the peppers thanks to some fellow members here and their generous donations! :)

Now, it's time to plan the tomatoes and squash!  Does anyone have any recommendations for Heirlooms?

I'm really, really digging the Cherokee Purple.....especially since I live here in North Georgia where the Cherokee lived.  I'm also thinking about Pineapple as well.  Superficial, but I want a PRETTY tomato that tastes good as well!  And, I want UNIQUE!  I'm tired of seeing Better Boys and Early Girls.....which are both great tomatoes, but I need something DIFFERENT!

Anyone have extra seeds to share?  I'd be willing to purchase if necessary!

So far, my only source is SeedSavers that I can find....anything else?

Thanks everyone!  The wife and I are appreciative of this community!

Josh

Pretty sure Brandywine Sudduth is made for the Georgia climate. Not the heaviest producer but it's superior flavor is used to judge all others.

Another tomato that everyone gushes over is Kellog's Breakfast (i can hear all the housewives screaming " Delish!, Delish! " lol). An orange tomato with top end flavor,  i keep forgetting to get seed to grow it again.

Not a fan of cherries but everyone's favorite cherry tomato seems to be the Sungold F1

Unfortunately i have none of the above seeds to share since i did not plant them this year. Both should be on SeedSaver's exchange though, i think they swap seeds at the site i linked too btw.

Not sure about what types of squash to recommend.

Back