• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Newbie Question

Still rather new to growing the supers and have a question. I came to this question after looking up information on my potential grow list for my early varieties.

7 Pot Chocolate and Chocolate Douglah....one in the same? I have read where these names are both used to describe the same pepper.

If this is true, then what is the Red Douglah? Just a red 7 pot?

The Red Douglahs came from brown Douglahs. I find them sweeter and not as hot. The 7 Pot Chocolate, if I remember right, was the name used in the CPI study with Duffys seeds. His seeds were Douglahs.

Even more confusing is that what Duffy now sells he calls Douglahs. As you said, the "Red Douglah" is just a Red offspring that arose from someone's Douglah plant. To add to the confusion, the 7 Pot Brown is different than the Douglah.

Even more confusing is that what Duffy now sells he calls Douglahs. As you said, the "Red Douglah" is just a Red offspring that arose from someone's Douglah plant. To add to the confusion, the 7 Pot Brown is different than the Douglah.

Yep, and I will add that if I had to choose between the 2, I would choose the 7 Pot Brown. In my opinion, the Douglah has a VERY bitter flavor, while the 7 Pot Brown has a nice sweet fruity flavor and is hotter than the Douglah.

Back