Newbie to THP - Island Son Canada

Hello!

I'm Jeff from Island Son Canada. I'm the sole person running my pepper sauce company. I like to tell folks that I'm the chief bottle washer ;) I'm also a graphic designer and webmaster on the side.

I love all kinds of hot sauce, but the one that's closest to my heart is the Bajan style sauce. My dad is Bajan and served it to me and my brother when we were little... I've been hooked ever since! My sauce 'Bajan Tyga' *see below, is a medium heat, flavor first hot sauce blending mango, turmeric, scotch bonnets and ghost peppers. It has a thick consistency almost like a relish. It's great as a condiment on many things from burgers and hot dogs to blending into recipes and glazes. Although I'm not a vegan, my sauce happens to be 100% vegan. It's also super low in sodium. 

I formally incorporated my sauce company January 2019, so it's a new venture which is going really well. My plan is to stick as closely to micro-batch processing for as long as I can. I currently produce about 350 (250 ml) bottles a month, which is selling as soon as it's made. I am going to be making the jump/taking the risk to get my own kitchen early next year, so I can cook more often, expanding my product organically. 

Another side of my life is guitar playing. I play in an indie rock band known as The Means of Production. 

I look forward to chatting with everybody. Stay Spicy!

Jeff

newpackaging_single_bt_1200.jpg

Back