• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sun Newly potted plant leaves are constantly wilting during day time. Fatalii Pepper

I purchased a Fatalii pepper plant from my local farmers market a few weeks ago and repotted it the same day. I used organic potting soil and mixed in about a cup of fertilizer with the soil. Ever since then during the day once the sun hits the plant the leaves all wilt and curl up daily and then go back to normal the next morning when once again once the sun hits they do the same thing. The peppers are still growing and getting color so I don’t know what’s causing this? Maybe too much sun? I’ve checked the soil and even after freshly watering I still have the same issue. Any help would be much appreciated l!

Attachments

• IMG_0630.jpeg
    IMG_0630.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 130
Looks like its root system isn't sufficient for it to pull up water fast enough to keep up with the water transpired from the leaves, even with proper watering. It can help to put it into shade then partial shade for a few days after transplant so the roots recover and develop without the stress of too much heat and sun. That may still help now. This also can happen because of a change in environmental conditions from where it was previously, with increased sun, heat, dryness in the new location. Some wilting during the heat of the day can be normal when it's hot, even for a healthy plant. That looks like more than you want though and the plant will probably do better when it's adjusted.

That's a big plant to find available. Must really be something in the morning when it's looking good!

Last edited:
Back