• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Next to My Chair Again

Baby plants again!  Down on the floor again next to my chair in my little library.  Here's how it looks right now.  I've got seeds in the germinator moving to cups every day now, will end up with another dozen or so seedlings under the light.   

20200222-085909.jpg

I'm scaling back from the 20+ plants I had last year to seven or eight plants, some in Kratky containers of various sizes, others in fabric pots with dirt.  The list: 

10G D - Sugar Rush Peach - WDC
10G D - P. Dreadie - CD
5G D - JPGS - WHP
5G D - 1208 Red - UE
5G K - 1208 Red - UE
5G K - 7 Pot Jonah - WHP
32G K - Haskorea - PtMD989
1G K - Rocoto Arequipa Giant Red - CD
Bonchi start - 7 Pot Yellow - BB

Kratky will be Botanicare CNS17 Grow and bottled spring water at first, tap water later.  Dirt will be a mix of pine bark fines, potting soil, and perlite with fish pellets.  Dirt will occasionally be watered with Kratky solution. 

I'll be growing out on the deck again on the north side of my house.  I'd love to have a wide open space with southern exposure, but this will have to do. It works. I've got a decent means of hanging shade cloth ready to go. I'm good. 
Thinking about sticking a plant in the ground over where the ill-fated Siv's Plant once made a valiant effort to survive a completely unfair transplant, too..  Will see.

Any and all comments or criticisms are very welcome and I thank you all most warmly for having me and schooling me and reading my noodlings!

Awesome glog Uncle E.! I love the grow/reading corner.

Some years ago a guy from the cannabis community taught me matte white plastic is actually better for reflecting light, compared to shiny metallic materials. The reflection is more diffuse, rather than specular.

b3rnd said:
Awesome glog Uncle E.! I love the grow/reading corner.

Some years ago a guy from the cannabis community taught me matte white plastic is actually better for reflecting light, compared to shiny metallic materials. The reflection is more diffuse, rather than specular.
That'd be easier, too. Pretty sure that panel is white.

Uncle_Eccoli said:
Thanks! Pulled an emergency blanket over a sheet of foam board, I did. Tried to pull it taut, but still waves and wrinkles. I think maybe the thing's not flat. Best thing about it is it keeps the light out of my eyes when I'm reading partying.

Fixed that for ya Unc'  You're going to have some good company for the next while until plant out.

Great to see the new grow & glog underway.  You may have scaled back, but it sounds like you'll have plenty and based on prior experience you'll have some beasts!

CaneDog said:
Fixed that for ya Unc'  You're going to have some good company for the next while until plant out.

Great to see the new grow & glog underway.  You may have scaled back, but it sounds like you'll have plenty and based on prior experience you'll have some beasts!
Thanks, CaneDog!

That's the plan! :D

New growth on the bonchi.  I don't know how to use this camera. 
20200228-142259.jpg

Seedlings.  Haskoreas are out ahead. 
20200228-142322.jpg

These two are the same variety, my project seeds. Plan is to grow these every year selecting for flavor. Could be the one is just a runt, but Kratky appears to be growing faster. 
20200228-142843.jpg

Back