Next Years Pepper Garden

I've been planning my garden for next year and ordering seeds. I'm going more for the hot to mid level hot peppers. Here is my list.

Red Savina
Fatilii
Datil
Aji Cristal
Trinidad Congo collection
Tabago Scotch Bonnets
Tabago Treasure
Trinidad Scotch Bonnet collection

I will probably add a few others to the list like the pineapple and lemon Aji.

SavinaRed said:
I've been planning my garden for next year and ordering seeds. I'm going more for the hot to mid level hot peppers. Here is my list.

Red Savina
Fatilii
Datil
Aji Cristal
Trinidad Congo collection
Tabago Scotch Bonnets
Tabago Treasure
Trinidad Scotch Bonnet collection

I will probably add a few others to the list like the pineapple and lemon Aji.

Sounds like a good year!  This year I am growing Aji Lemon and Pineapple.  I've never had one before but I look forward to them based on what I've heard!

SavinaRed said:
what is the MoA ? I've never heard of it. Thanks !
Stands for Jamaican "Ministry of Agriculture".  It's one of the main varieties of Scotch Bonnet (MoA, TFM, etc.)  I hear it can be difficult to get SB seeds directly from the ministry as they don't often just give seeds away to the every-day grower.

Man, you make me want to start doing more planning for next year lol!  

I hear ya SavinaRed...I've been doing the same.

So far I've got:

Aji Amarillo
San Sidro
Locoto 
Mini Rocoto 
Sport
Black Cobra
Kaleidoscope
Giant Jalapeno
Black Hungarian

Aji Pineapple and Aji Crystal I'm still looking for.     San Sidro, Locoto, and Mini Rocoto i got from Semilla Seeds and  I plan on germinating them early this Fall.  All others in January.  Haven't given up yet on the Pubescents here in South Texas.

I'm glad I'm not the only one planning ahead :P

Nice list mate! Not too far off mine
I'm going for a mostly scotch bonnety type year, less habanero types.
Going for Carolina Reaper, Bhuts, Fatalli, CARDI, Jamaican Hot Chocolate, and as many significantly different varieties of scotch bonnets as I can find.
I'm not too familiar with Aji's, are they highly recommended?

Dynebag said:
I'm not too familiar with Aji's, are they highly recommended?

This was my first year for Aji's i.e.  Lemon Drop.   If you like a Citrusy pepper, you'll like them.  I've found that these Yellow Ripe Lemon Drops go great with Kippers. :mouthonfire:     CHEERS and good luck for 2015.  

Aji Lemon cut this morn....      had to throw in a white habanero to kick up the heat with the KIPPERS...LOL !  CHEERS !

AjiQuartet_zps7a2325a7.jpg

Streamer said:

This was my first year for Aji's i.e.  Lemon Drop.   If you like a Citrusy pepper, you'll like them.  I've found that these Yellow Ripe Lemon Drops go great with Kippers. :mouthonfire:     CHEERS and good luck for 2015.  
Citrus and hot peppers are a marriage made in heaven !

Back