No Alcohol Beer Making?

So way back used to make beer/wine allot, started being allergic to alcohol in the 90's, so I was wondering if its possible to make some without.
Specifically cook up a batch and then just inject it with co2, like those sodastream.
Sodastream has released a "Beer Bar" concentrates in Europe, but I dont want anything thats factory made.
Then theirs what combination to make it taste good lol.
Thanks!

Don't know if it works for beer (carbonated),but we used to freeze Apple jack and wine,
Alcohol won't freeze.
Drained off the liquid and it was a no alcohol test deal.
I'd guess you could freeze your beer,then re carbonate it (see force carbonating beer-Google it).

You charge your beer with CO2,shake it up,I don't remember the presure to use.
Lots of the Keger guys filter the beer which kills carbonation to a certain extent and charge the keg to add carbonation.

Google forced carbonation.

"In order to get rid of the alcohol, the beer will need to be heated to 175 °F. When you are ready to bottle, heat the beer to 175 °F for 15 - 20 minutes. Add yeast and sugar. You have to add yeast when bottling a non-alcohol beer since heating the beer kills off the yeast added during fermentation."

I see Sugar and yeast as making alcohol,in general.
That is why I suggested freezing and force carbonation.

O Douls is 1%.
A few guys I knew who got busted for DUI drank 1% beer.
They got violated because a 6 pack was the same as drinking a beer.

Only way I know of to have no alcohol is get rid of all traces of it from the start.

I'd guess you version makes 1% beer.
If he is allergic,0% is needed...
He just wants the taste and not the buzz.

Not trying to stir up crap with you or anything like that...

Discussion is why this site is cool.

I know some things fermented is necessary to get the flavor, dont know if if just cooking up a wort and carbonating it would give the same result. if no fermentation then )% alcohol, even in "cooking" it you cant get rid of it all, or the time it takes to get rid of it , not drinkable after that anyway. Alton Brown did a talk about cooking with booze.

Picked up some of this, all included so I can just add the syrup to the bottle and see how it goes :)

mZ7NhJB.jpg

You're going to have an issue with carbonation, assuming you are bottle carbonating. Cooking the fermeted beer at 175 to eliminate the alcohol will also kill all of the yeast, so when you add sugar to bottle prime the beer, there will be no yeast to eat the sugar and carbonate the beverage. You could always pitch a small amount of yeast in the bottling bucket, once the beer has cooled to be able to carbonate the beer.

dragonsfire said:
Picked up some of this, all included so I can just add the syrup to the bottle and see how it goes :)

mZ7NhJB.jpg
You would definitely want to ferment that. I would imagine that would taste like super sweet vegemite, if you just mixed it in water amd bottled it, without fermentation. Also, wild yeast would inherently get to it, and begin fermenting it in the bottle, which could easily cause bottle bombs.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
You would definitely want to ferment that. I would imagine that would taste like super sweet vegemite, if you just mixed it in water amd bottled it, without fermentation. Also, wild yeast would inherently get to it, and begin fermenting it in the bottle, which could easily cause bottle bombs.

It taste a lot like Malta; basically, it would pretty much just be Malta.  If you use properly sanitized bottling methods, the risk of bottle bombs would be pretty slight but yeah... the flavour and experience wouldn´t be much like what the OP seems to be seeking.  I´d be tempted to try heating to 175 like The Hot Pepper said, and then going forced carbo in a Cornie keg...assuming you can still get Cornie kegs....

dragonsfire said:
Their hasn't been a Woolworth store in Canada for many years.
Yep, i was invoking Woolworth to illustrate my concerns about anachornisms. They´ve been gone for awhile; closed up at least 20 years ago in the N.American market; they may still be open elsewhere... itś a big parent company; i think they might´ve just changed their name more than gone away entirely..  I had feared that the Cornie Keg had gone the way of the Woolworth´s...   :P

Do they still run trolleys in Canuckistan?  I think we still got´m in San Fran, maybe a few other places in the USA.  In nearby Philadelphia, they still run about 20miles worth of trolley tracks...but i think most cities have quit on those, too.

As far as I know, Edmonton and Toronto have streetcars still. Lived in both cities.
I still miss Woodward's, one of the best stores of the time. Woolworth are still in three countries, Europe, dont recall except Germany, taken on by another company.

I had a bottle of mineral water so I dried adding to that, Most satisfying flavor wise :)
So if you want the taste and not the alcohol, sparkle water works great, just give it 24hours to meld.

PQ7uySi.jpg

Back