• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

No new peppers... :(

So Ive been growing peppers indoors over the winter here in ontario, canada..., got a bhut that turned out to be a red sav... anyways the plant matured and produced about 20 peppers, which had me doing cartwheels! Unfortunately there hasnt been any new peppers after that first round. the conditions are all the same...there are blooms on the plant , but no fruit are being produced...(fyi...i hand pollinate)...any ideas why?

thanks folks!">http://
kn4KqC5.jpg

maybe the hand pollinating isn't working out for some reason. Do you have a fan blowing on them? That should be all you need to get it to pollinate. Are they aborting the flowers? Any pics?

i do have a fan blowing...and the blossoms seem to be sticking...the plant is healthy...recently trimmed it back, because it was growing out of control.

Are the flowers anthers opening well and dropping good pollen quantities ? And how is the potassium levels.. Are you using a fruit and bloom nute?

If the enviroment is still the same it can just be nature. Most chilis will only put out as many pods as the plant can support. Some varieties (mostly chinenses) are freaks and will keep producing. The larger the pods (i.e. weight) of the pods the more water and nutes the roots will need to supply.

It's just the plants way of saying enough is enough. Though if the conditions improve (nutes and sunlight) it can take of again.

Some other issues that can cause a lack of pollination/flower drop. .

- Overwatering
- Underwatering
- too much nitrogen (over- or incorrectlyferted)
- low night temp (<15 celsius)
- high night temp (>22 celsius)
- Incorrect humidity
- Calcium deficiency
- Phosporus deficiency (rare)

Especially heating can be an issue, it causes periods of heavy stress for the pollination; hot dry air will prevent flowers from pollinating.

well i fertilize (foliar) every week alternating fish emulsion, and epsom salts...with miracle grow every couple of weeks, so i dont think the plant is lacking nutrients...like i said the plant is healthy,...ill wait till the weather warms up and put it outside so it can get real sunlight and hope for the best...if not i have some back up plants growing ....

Onward and Upward!  :P

It looks good and your soil appears to be well draining. I foliar and fert about every 10 days. Works very nice for my plants.
Keep us updated :-)

Back