event No Sleep Til Brooklyn Wing Fest 2010

Well, it's that time of year again, when I cook up about 200 pounds of wings and serve them out FREE to the masses, in one of our craziest events, at one of Brooklyn's most insane joints. Join the Defcon Crew at Duff's Brooklyn from 9pm-3:30am, yes ALL NIGHT, as we hang out with the most eclectic crowd you're ever gonna see. Even The Hot Pepper himself joined us a couple years ago!

This will be our fourth gig with the abject insanity, and it gets better every year. Duffs relocated from their old haunt to a new location, 168 Marcy Ave, bewteen South 5th & Marcy Ave, Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Jimmy Duff, the owner extraordinaire is a classmate of mine from the Old School, and the guy is an icon within the thrash metal industry. You want to attend something completely different? Look no further. FREE wings all night, and plenty of beer & booze served up by some of the most gorgeous women who all hail from the Dark Side.

ONE THING TO KEEP IN MIND:
This is a 'weather permitting' event. Cooking up 200 pounds of wings in the rain is NOT going to happen. Over the years, I've found that rain and hot oil don't mix, although you do understand what bacon feels like while cooking. There is no raindate as of yet, so pray for good weather!

Once again, here are the particulars:

Saturday, August 14th, 9pm-3:30am
Duff's Brooklyn
168 Marcy Avenue
(Between South 5th & Marcy Ave)
Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York
718-599-2092
www.duffsbrooklyn.com

sounds like a good time and I have been looking for an excuse to go to NYC again. THP Going?

Maybe! I went to this event once. Good times. The new Duff's doesn't have the outdoor area but it's a cool bar.

Oh never seen it. You must be special ;)

Cool!

Spoke with Duff last night, looks like it's gonna be a gorgeous weekend, the gig is ON! Also found out, we will be serving out front of the place on the street. I MUCH prefer serving out front, more elbow room. The Defcon Urban Assault Vehicle will be parked right out front, so you can't miss it.

Man, I'm psyched!

Was a blast! I did about 2 dozen of the #1 wings, then Creator cracked open the MKIII just for me (an honor). First I hit a wing with some dots. Dots? I need more! Then I doused some wings in the stuff... yeah. Then I hit the Sludge while I watched grown men cry and keel over (literally) in serious pain. A couple ran down the street and hurled. Yup. The stuff is no joke. :)

I have some pics and if I get the time some more words on the MKIII.

Thanks Creator! We had a blast. Fun times.

Oh, and nice meeting you charlesNYC. Brooklyn represent!

Sounds like I missed a good time. Damn it. Can't wait to hear what you thought of the DM MK III THP.

I was only there for like 35 minutes or so, but it was quite a bit of fun.
The back of my throat is still sore from that single #1 wing I had, and I feel slightly hungover, which makes no sense whatsoever as I had 2 beers.

It was nice meeting Creator and THP. Good times indeed.
Also, Duff's has a pretty cool atmosphere. I could see myself making it a bar-hopping stop next time I'm around the lower Williamsburg area.

It was good seeing you again THP, and Charles, glad to make yiour acquaintance. We got home about 5 hours ago. For some reason, I can't sleep. Screw it, I'll become one with the couch today. Good times had by all last night, and it was a ton of fun watching the testosterone-laden individuals with the beer-induced bravado consume the Sludge and then find out what pain actually feels like. God, I love my job.

Well, see you guys next yeat, same bat-time, same bat-channel...

I threw up some pics from last Saturday night onto out site. Just click on 'appearances', then scroll all the way down to the last 'Duffs' link. Some pretty funny stuff.

Back