• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds no sprouts/germination

I bought all my seeds from sites online pepperjoe puckerbutt and pepperlover
A few of mine didnt germinate, should i keep waiting or get new seeds?
I have nothing bad to say about the sites almost all germinated around 80%, but a few from each site actually got 0% so far.
the seeds were

peruvian habanero
trinidad butch t
white bhut jolokia
trinidad 7-pod brown
fatali

I used sterile soil, for germination, kept them moist not soaked, same soil i used for every other seed, its been around 50 days lol, nothing has popped for any of them.
should i look into buying new seeds when i got money?
or should i wait and see?

i figured after 50 days it was a bunch of duds.
you think they might have been just old seeds?
i've bought a lot of peppers off the sites and only from them and they were like 80%-100% germination.
But with those ones i got about 15 seeds and 0 germinated.

well i guess ill have to wait till next year lol, time i get some money to buy all the seeds back it will be way late with shipping in all

going to leave them and keep trying, never know i guess

Hang in there bud i put some choclate bhuts to germ on 4/2 and some just sprouted last night i was on the urge to give up lol give it some time

If it's been 50 days already, then it's time to re-use the tray. I've had my Reapers in for roughly 2 weeks, and only have 2 sprouts thus far, but should have more coming very soon

im out of seeds lol, so cant reuse tray, well at least out of seeds for plants i dont have
just gunna wait till next year when i can buy new ones, little strapped on cash

Balduvian said:
im out of seeds lol, so cant reuse tray, well at least out of seeds for plants i dont have
just gunna wait till next year when i can buy new ones, little strapped on cash
there is a canuck seed train thread i would recommend finding it.  there is no shortage of people on this site willing to give,trade,send for postage for seeds.  start that tray every month of the year even if you dump it every month.    

i can try to move them over, but everything else germinated in like a week with the sterile soil, i even put 2-3 in potting mix and 1-2 in wet paper towel, nothing

i found the canucks train and i think the idea is awesome so after i get a harvest ill try to join it, until then just gotta wait lol
still wish those seeds germinated.
of all the seeds i bought and planted 3 of them were ones i really wanted, well in the top 5

thanks for all the input too

Back